Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,648   Posts: 1,481,282   Online: 717

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Back to the beach!

The second annual Pleasure Beach Food, Fun and Fotography Fest (f4?) is being scheduled for late June. How does June 27 sound? I'd like to have it in July for those with small kids and a very busy June, but the cottage is being used by other members of the family for most of the month, and August is too late. I won't have the piles of free cameras, but I did just come into a whole pile of 120 film - mostly 100 Delta and 125PX though there is some TXP as well. If you shoot that stuff, you're in for a small treat.

Here's the drill: The house is 1/2 mile from a great swimming beach, there will be a couple of kayaks available, BBQ is the food of the day (I'm cooking. Last year it was pulled pork - maybe a repeat?) and drinks are the province of those who come. (We'll have some, but hey, you guys can get awful thirsty!) If you want something special on a grill (Chicken Satay? Tempe burgers?) bring it and we can fire it up. If last year is a guide, there will not be a shortage of food.

In addition to the beach and rocks just down the road, there are good shooting venues nearby at Harkness Memorial Park, the city of New London, etc. The house is small, so, if people want to stay over, we'll likely have to make arrangements locally - or contact me. There is a funky old-style tourist cabin place about 2 miles away that has one and two bedroom cabins for cheap and the usual chain motel stuff out by Rt 95.

More to follow.
    Whitey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We'll be there sir!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rats.. we're going to be out of town.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a great shindig, Whitey. I wish well to all.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    Rats.. we're going to be out of town.
    Ain't it always the way...

We'll do a repeat of last year with you guys too, if you want - maybe give in to the kids wanting to stay over?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BUMP!!!! Just trying to keep this event out in the open.

gene
    gene LaFord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i hope we can make it!
    mrs has a company picnic that weekend
    so we'll see what happens ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We hope you and your family can make it for one of the days!

gene
    gene LaFord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have something every weekend including the 26th...in, of all places, West Springfield! so, we'll see about Ct.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK... Time to firm up plans. As of right now, the scheduled attendance at this Photo phantastic phood and phun event on the 27th is less than expected. But then, some APUGGERS are known for last minute decisions, and some have moved away. (liking the Left Coast are you Art?) Let's hope we get a quorum (which, in a case like this, is a photographer and somebody else to take a picture of, brag/complain to or commiserate/drink with.) I have on my never-accurate list: Papagene,... uh... Papagene... and maybe Jnanian, maybe Bdial, maybe Drew B., maybe Lizz, maybe James G will read this and decide he needs his dose of NE again, ... maybe you? Spouses, family, kids etc. most welcome. The beach tags are in-hand and I can have kayaks and a bike there if that's attractive to anyone. Maybe Drew B will be there on Friday night, Gene and Eileen will be staying over Saturday; food is up in the air, but nobody has ever walked away hungry from my house.

The whole thing does depend on the weather, since the house is seriously small and all the fun things are out of doors, but we should know that a few days in advance and I'll post a go/no-go by Thursday. Rain dates are unpredictable as well; too many family plans in the air at this time.

A PM would be appreciated as I have to get a few things at the store. The house is in Waterford, CT, at Pleasure Beach. Here's the google map.

Come on, folks. What if I gave a party and nobody came? My fragile little ego would just wither up and die! I might go digital! Then I could have a virtual party.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin