Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,209   Online: 1175

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The fine folks at Hybrid Photo may have your answer on scanners, software, etc. Click on the 'Hybridphoto.com' tab at the top of the page, or just go here:
    http://www.hybridphoto.com/forums/home.php

Marc

Shooter
    35mm
    Just a little word about the Epson V700 and V750. I am currently using both (one of each) for archiving John Scarlata's work as part of my graduate assistantship, and they are functionally identical (unless you really want to use the wet mount feature of the V750). The Silverfast software that comes bundled with either scanner is great. The V700 does a great job with 4x5 and larger negatives or transparencies, and it's about $200 cheaper than the V750. I've used it a little for my own medium and small format work with excellent results.

Shooter
    35mm
    rthomas..thanks man, I really need to save money and, thanks to you, I just saved (actually more) than $200!
    Last edited by olgeezer; 05-31-2009 at 02:11 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: misspelling

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by olgeezer View Post
    rthomas..thanks man, I really need to save money and, thanks to you, I just saved (actually more) than $200!
    Did you buy one? It took me about six months using them both to decide to buy a V700 for myself. I've never used a better scanner!

Shooter
    35mm
    rthomas.. I think it will be this week, however, since I live pretty much hand to mouth, it'll probably be next week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin