Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,380   Online: 829

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim's shop is in a beautiful place, too. I can't afford to go there very often. He had prints for sale, too, last time I was there.
    -b

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks to everyone who has helped get this list going. I'm headed to Canada and hope to stop at Tim Whelan's on the way back. My apologies to citizens of the area if this is impolite to ask: Is the store in Camden or is it in Rockport? Or is Rockport just the south end of Camden?

RT
    Last edited by rternbach; 08-20-2009 at 08:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Get over it."

Shooter
    35mm
    The shop is in Rockport only about 100 feet from the Maine Media Workshops. Here are the directions to the workshops http://www.theworkshops.com/geninfo/...ion/travel.asp

Plan to spend several hours there.

IBY!
    Lizz
    "At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes... it's in Rockport, not Camden. The two towns are a five minute drive, and yes... plan some time; it's hard to get out of there without some serious browsing and buying.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    Yes... it's in Rockport, not Camden. The two towns are a five minute drive, and yes... plan some time; it's hard to get out of there without some serious browsing and buying.
    SuzanneR,

Thanks for that info. I'm guessing my wife will find things in Rockport to divert her attention while I'm spending time in Whelan's. Her interest in bookstores/photography does not match mine nor is my interest in folk art/craft shops comparable to hers.

RT
    Last edited by rternbach; 08-21-2009 at 08:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Get over it."

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

First Pilgrimage to Tim Whelan's in Rockport, Maine

We stopped at Tim Whelan's in Rockport, Maine yesterday for a couple of hours on our drive back from New Brunswick, Canada. We found the store, the selection of books, and the framed prints exhibited for sale quite extraordinary. Most memorable for me was Tim Whelan's generous attention and willingness to share his knowledge of, and love for, photography and photographic literature with each pilgrim who visits his store. Just go there--it's worth the journey.
    "Get over it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries

Go to Camden, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by rternbach View Post
    Hi all,

Can anybody recommend a good bookstore in the New England area with an especially good collection of photographic monographs and books on photography? Could be used or new, doesn't matter too much. Thanks.

Rudy
    One of the best bookstores for photography books/literature is located in the Camden/Rockport Maine area. It is well known but for the life of me I cannot think of the name of the place. It is definitely worth the trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin