Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,675   Posts: 1,481,932   Online: 1095

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

New England Bookstores with Good Collections of Photography Books

Hi all,

Can anybody recommend a good bookstore in the New England area with an especially good collection of photographic monographs and books on photography? Could be used or new, doesn't matter too much. Thanks.

Rudy
    "Get over it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    New England Mobile Book Fair. nebookfair.com Lots of new, remaindered and some used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most of these aren't especially close to Western MA, but;

Old #6 Book Depot in Henniker, NH, has the best collection I've seen.

In addition, I've occasionally found some good stuff at Homestead books in Marlboro, NH
    Toadstool bookshops has some, the best selection is in their Peterborough store.
    Then there is Brattleboro books in Brattleboro, VT which has good stuff off and on, I found a nice copy of Through Another Lens there.

A good general resource for finding used bookshops in NE and elsewhere is bookhunterpress.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    bill h/bdial.

Thanks for that info. I'm looking forward to combining leaf peeping trips this Fall with visits to the stores you mentioned.

Best,

Rudy
    "Get over it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rudy -

The mother of all sources of photography books is Tim Whelan's Bookstore in Camden, ME. Sells ONLY photography books.

Another store that is fun to visit although the selection is much more limited that in year's past is the Northshire Bookstore in Manchester, Vt.
    Louie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wonderful book store with an eclectic and varied selection of used photography books is the Book Barn, in East Lyme, CT. (Niantic). One of New England's best used book stores and a destination in itself. (Many cats, goats, three locations, multiple buildings filled with.... everything.) Don't go with an expectation to run in and grab something, though the various subjects and types of books are well organized and displayed - it's just too much fun to wander through. - Good wine merchant down the road as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We have a photography section at our Beacon Street shop in Boston and a Japanese photography section (as well as an upcoming catalogue of 19th and 20th century photography, soon) at our shop in the Boston neighborhood of Jamaica Plain, just south of downtown. I work for the shop in Jamaica Plain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I recall the Museum of Fine Arts store has a very good photography book section, though I've often found the prices a little higher than you can find the same books on Amazon. Then again, if you're there, you'll have a nice visit to a fine museum, and you won't pay the shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto View Post
    Rudy -

The mother of all sources of photography books is Tim Whelan's Bookstore in Camden, ME. Sells ONLY photography books.

Another store that is fun to visit although the selection is much more limited that in year's past is the Northshire Bookstore in Manchester, Vt.
    Would have to 2nd Tim Whelan's, one of the best.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Great Bookstore for Photography

I second the nomination of Tim Whelan's store in Camden, ME. But be careful--it adds up quick! He's very personable, knows all the Media Workshop folk, and is an avid silver photographer himself. I spent a couple of thoroughly delightful hours there in July.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin