Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,313   Online: 826

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Camera Club

Shooter
    Multi Format

New Camera Club

Another Film camera club has started up in the Attleboro, MA area. I believe they saw the APUG blurb in the NECCC newsletter a year or so ago...then heard about our Cape group (FOG) and started their own. I'll post more about it if anyone is interested. drew

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    id b interested in hearing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let us know what they are up to, for sure!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It looks like the typical club...with competitions and such, but here's the blurb....
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am a member of the pretty good sized Whaling City Camera Club in New Bedford, Mass....
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The two guys whose names are at the bottom were (are?) both in the Stony Brook Camera Club in Wrentham, MA. That's the club I was in up there. Both are great guys and Ray is incredibly creative. I wish the group luck and I wish I could be there to join.
    And I know I mentioned APUG to both of them. Mike is a member, but I don't know if he stops by much. Neither is big on using computers, I don't think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess Ray who is now president of the NECCC was against eliminating slide competitions (it was eliminated)...and so started his own group

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, Stony Brook is still competing slides (just checked their website). And Ray won the altered reality section of slides last year. His stuff is cool.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ...interesting...a resurgence of film interest, or are film users just not going to take it any more ("it" being shunted off to the closet during digital-heavy club meetings)?...a film club recently formed in Hallowell, Maine (I attend), and I must admit a new digital-heavy club just formed in Damariscotta, Maine...so I just don't know what to think...

...quick story that still has me spinning: I attended a workshop here in Maine during the summer, being the only film photographer in the group...after a day on location, we got back to the classroom where I announced my pleasure and my numbers--two rolls of MF at 32 exposures. One of the digital students also announced her pleasure and her numbers--422 exposures...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is what happens when camera clubs don't listen. The local New Haven Photo Arts Collective, though not exclusively film based is very film friendly and draws people who would otherwise join the local camera clubs. At the last meeting I managed to attend between travels, their claim to reduced membership was 'due to the economy' - though it may be true in many cases, many film based members see no value in it any longer. As stewards of photography, camera clubs have failed for the most part.

Their loss.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin