Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,542   Posts: 1,544,401   Online: 1019

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PAC Meeting - Thursday, February 4 @ 7pm - Sanders McNew

The Photo Arts Collective of the New Haven Arts Council is pleased to present Sanders McNew who will talk about "Vision and Photography,"

Sanders will explore the ways one finds a voice and something to say with a camera, in part by recounting how he came to shoot his naked portrait series and to write Double Exposures. This would be a more engaging subject for a group to consider than any talk about just the mechanics
    of taking pictures and making prints. Sanders will bring a box of 8x10 traditionally made prints from the series.

Sanders McNew, 52, is a lawyer and photographer working in New York City. A native of Portsmouth, Virginia, Sanders moved to New York in 1991 and soon after began to teach himself film photography with a Rolleiflex. He and his wife, photographer Melanie King, both work in black-and-white film photography, and their domestic disputes center mostly on who gets to use the darkroom (a bedroom closet). Most recently, Sanders has published Double Exposures: Essays in Portraiture (Blurb 2009), a collection of essays and portraits that together question and challenge the nature of portraiture and, more generally, photography as a means of expression.
    Come hear Sanders talk on a subject that we've all seen and admired the product. The talk will be at the Kehler Liddell Gallery in New Haven at 7pm, Thursday, February 4.

http://www.newhavenarts.org/
    http://www.kehlerliddell.com/

Next month: Suzanne Revy!

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 01-31-2010 at 08:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really wish I could be there for this! And next month!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin