Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,619   Online: 681

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Good place for a CLA on the Rollei

Hi Guys- I have not been having good luck with my Rollei...First few rolls were okay. I didn't have time to shoot for a while so I put it down for a few weeks and now I am back to it. I took two rolls and put fixer in the dev tank instead of D-76 ....Now her shutter is staying open when at 1/60 or below so it is time for a CLA. I was wondering where here in New England was a good place. I have been reccomended Zach's Camera in Providence and Midstate in Warwick. I am near New Bedford....I would also prefer to get a good job done for $100 or less.....What would you reccomend doing?

Thanks,

Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What model Rollei?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Automat something....The latest model.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rolleiflex Automat K4B...

Images
    I highly recommend Karl Ehlers (edit: but he is in Washington, as near as your local post office.) At any rate, if you want a long-term fix you should use a Rollei expert, who will fully break down the camera into individual parts, clean, and lubricate properly. This will very likely be more than $100, but not too much more. However, if the transport needs an overhaul, you will be closer to $200. In my experience, the cheap fix on this camera is not worth it—too expensive.

kgehlers3 AT verizon DOT net
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unknown.jpg  
    Last edited by jmcd; 04-25-2010 at 05:18 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarify

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will check him out. The shutter is my only issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul Ebel in Wisconsin - he's great.
    You can reach him at paulebel44@yahoo.com.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i highly recommend Mike Zachs in Providence. His motto is "we fix the impossible" and he has for me, at a reasonable price. A sticky shutter is not a big deal, and usually involves opening it up, cleaning the old lubricant away, and replacing it with new lubricant. I have fixed some of my own sticky shuttrs by squirting lighter fluid into the shutter--it works more often than not. I have also had great luck with "working the shutter" to loosen up the old lubricant. I do this by cocking and releasing the shutter from fast to slow speeds--it loosens up the old lubricant and reallly ticks off my wife. I have an old Wollensack stereo camera that needs this treatment before I take it out shooting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can recommend Zacks as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While he does want $165, I really(!!) want my Rollei to preform so I think I am going to bring it down to him! Does he do a good thorough job like he says he will? He tells me he will go through the lens and film transport cleaning lubing and adjusting it all....I want to be able to rely on this camera for a good amount of shooting for a while before I will have to service it again...
    Last edited by Ektagraphic; 04-26-2010 at 09:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin