Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,226   Online: 903

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And a thanks from me as well. Incidentally I was not able to locate the skateboarder from the parking lot who was able to program his universal television remote to trigger his Nikon. He wrote down his name as Jonathan Bernier. We'll have to look for him next time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally back at the computer and able to add my thanks to Elias and everyone for a great day. Now to spend some time with the film to see what I got!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    He's on MySpace not Facebook - I'll have to spend a little more time to figure out where he keeps his photos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They're here.

Shooter
    35mm

Rolleiflex& The Whaling City

Elias and all!

I'll add my thanks here, too! Nice to spend time with all of you. Amazing, the number of inquiries from passersby!!

On the other hand, my hard-to-hear shutter release on the Automat was due to malfunction;so, no waterfront images to add to the "competition!" back to the shop it goes.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bummer, John. Even with antique technology, the old saying runs true: the chances of technology failure are directly proportional to the importance of the endeavor. Stuff never fails when you're just fooling around. Anyway, It was nice to spend the afternoon with you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry to hear that John. If you already have a Rollei repairman you're happy with, go with him. But if you're looking for a good one, give Paul Ebel a try. He did outstanding work for me on a 3.5F that was barely more than a doorstop when I sent it to him.

Mr. Paul Ebel
    Paul Ebel Lens Services
    420 21st Street North Suite #2
    PO Box 141
    Menomonie, WI 54751
    Telephone (651) 335-8759
    Last edited by Elias Roustom; 06-21-2010 at 08:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: missing information

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    http://www.rolleirepairs.com/

Not the cheapest but Harry did do an outstanding job rebuilding and upgrading my E2. Now I just need a lenshood for it.
    Last edited by rternbach; 06-22-2010 at 04:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Get over it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Plenty of room at the bottom of the frame for extended caption information. Instead of a tripod I used a pencil.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Group-of-five-wx.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for information, guys! Oddly enough, this morning I ran another roll through and I could see that at the slower speeds the shutter was responding! My old eyes could not discern but the slightest blade movement at f60 and no 'light' at all at any speed higher. Could perhaps be the Irish Whiskey I anointed it with last evening; sort of a last rites kind of thing! Should I have used schnapps for a complete recovery??

John

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin