Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,814   Online: 820

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolleiflex & The Whaling City

I'm new to APUG, but I know some of the members here from Pure Silver, and Rollie List and Rollei Users. I've posted this on those lists and I think I'll open this up a little further to APUG members.

Here is an invitation to bring your Rolleiflex to New Bedford, Massachusetts, on Saturday, June 19th, and have lunch at Antonio's famous Portuguese restaurant and then take a photographer's walk through historic downtown, and the waterfront. If we get enough willing photographers, who can commit to produce one or two prints apiece, we can follow up this meeting with a gallery exhibition - details in the making.

12:00 noon at EM Letterpress, 419 Sawyer Street, 3rd Floor, for a visit and demonstration of a working letterpress operation.

1:00 lunch at Antonio's Portuguese restaurant on 267 Coggeshall Street

Then to the downtown, and waterfront to walk off lunch and make some exposures.

Weather permitting (pouring rain being the only foreseeable reason for cancellation)

Please contact me off list elroustom(at)gmail.com with New Beford Walk-About in the subject if you are interested.

Elias Roustom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to make this. PHSNE is having a Whaling City outing in June as well, but that's more aimed at museums. Father's day weekend may pose a few logistical problems, however.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh shoot! I knew I was forgetting something... Well if I get enough interest in another date, I'm flexible. I live and work here, so just about any Saturday works for me (sort of).

Shooter
    35mm

Rolleiflex & etc.

I would really like to join this outing; the 19th would be O.K. The 26th might have me visiting Whitey at another venue!

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    19th is good with me. And hi, Elias.
    Last edited by bill h; 05-17-2010 at 05:04 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: oops

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Elias and welcome to APUG. I am out almost at the other end of the state with no Rollie, just a couple of Fuji MF-RFs (and bigger cameras! ). How about you trying to make Whitey's gathering to meet a few of us NE-APUGERs.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would very much like to meet at Whitey's gathering. I'll RSVP soon.

I think it's great that PHSNE is planning a New B outing. Anybody in that group who is planning to shoot on that day with the aim of making a couple (or more) prints, maybe we can coordinate, and expand my exhibit idea (which is still forming).

Since you'll in the historic part of town, consider No Problemo's for lunch (William X Purchase, one block uphill from the visitor parking).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This sounds like an interesting outing, and I really like the idea of a subsequent exhibition. If it comes off, please make sure you post the images on-line.

Only two problems prevent my participation:

1. I live in Australia
    2. I couldn't bring a 'flex, only a 'cord.

Best of luck.

Regards

Seabird
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry..but no twin lens system here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't make that date, but I can totally recommend NB as a great locale full of photographic possibilities. If another date comes up I'll try to make it.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin