Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,817   Online: 1021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

October 9-10 Open House in NH

I’ve been invited to be one of 25 artists on the Fall Foliage Art Studio Tour here in southwestern New Hampshire on Saturday and Sunday, October 9 and 10. Sounds like an excuse for a party!

I’ll open my “studio” to visitors, with traditional prints on display (“Brooks Jensen” or “inventory reduction pricing”: $25 each for 5x7 or 8x10 mounted black and white prints), but that doesn’t feel like enough, so here’s an invitation to photographers who might like to visit. We’ll have good food, lots to photograph on my land (147 acres of New England woods and rock walls, on what is traditionally the peak fall foliage weekend here). I’ll also have maps to nearby places to photograph. Come try an 8x10, or try large format. I’ll have cameras and film (2 - 8x10s: Norma and Alice,my Sinar and Ritter, and 4x5 Baby Wista). Have a look at my darkroom and “studio” space. Maybe we can induce visitors to pose for a large format portraits. Moses, my African Gray Parrot, is excited, too.

I’ll have a video/CD sale:
    “Camera Repair in the Field with Richard Ritter” DVD video, normally $24, on sale for $15.
    “The Richard Ritter Ultra-Large Format Camera Owners Manual” DVD video, normally $15, on sale for $12.
    “Finely Focused: Mechanics and Creativity in Large Format Photography,” 309 pages on CD-ROM, normally $25, on sale for $20.
    “Swanzey Rural Character,” the award-winning documentary, $5.

Richard Ritter’s on board to be here. I can probably convince him to bring over one of his ULF’s for folks to put hands on. He thinks he may have an 11x14, too.

Come hang out, swap stories, compare cameras, try something new, but mostly, have a good time, eat, drink and be merry. Hope to see you. And if anyone has more ideas for what we could do, let me know.
    Bruce Barlow
    author, "Finely Focused" and "More Finely Focused"
    www.bwbarlow.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sounds like FUN!!!!

More ideas???? Inside joke here: Somehow an ox roping competition comes to mind.... :-)

Don't know if I'll be able to make it, but the dates are marked on the calendar.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got it marked on my calendar, ox roping sounds good

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've penciled it in...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    me too!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    what about those oxen??
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I will be there cant wait should be a great time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to wait on my school schedule before committing but just a word to anyone on the fence. If you haven't experienced the particular blend of generosity and know how that Bruce and Richard Ritter can put together at a gathering, you owe it to yourself to come to this. You'll learn scads of stuff - and never realize you're doing it through the laughter. Good people.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm getting really excited about all this!

I don't think the "boys" (bovine variety) will be here then - they're pastured a mile away for the summer. But maybe. Richard has the great picture of our boys as babies chained to a bulldozer in our front field trying to pull it. It's posted somewhere on the net, and is very funny.

Whitey! What kind words!

We are, in fact, trying to sneak in experiences that will maybe convey some knowledge, or at least experience. At very least, I'm going to pony up some loaded 8x10 holders so folks can try 8x10. I like the idea of a portrait clinic, or at least, maybe, a 4x5 and holders for that, maybe 8x10. Not to mention that I'm finally getting serious about making pictures on my own land. I've even labeled the binder for the negs and proofs: "My House." 8x10s, with one idea I want to do that will be 5x7s. There's plenty of photographic fodder here, if you like trees and rocks. And remember, it's peak colors.

If nothing else, it's a chance to play with Richard's big cameras, and learn why I love mine so much.

Someone asked me to email him a schedule. I blinched at the thought of having a schedule, but maybe that's not such a bad idea. I'll mull it over and talk to Richard.

We'll have good chow, too. Guaranteed. As I have learned, I am among those photographers who are also pretty good cooks. All that I know are pretty accomplished eaters. A photographer runs on his stomach, I guess.
    Bruce Barlow
    author, "Finely Focused" and "More Finely Focused"
    www.bwbarlow.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Putting it on the calendar... sounds fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin