Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,683   Online: 743

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    In western mass. I'm running both ra-4 and b/w roller transport machines in my drkrm - three durst 57 enlargers (two with cls 1000 heads, one with a b/w condenser) plus a closed loop beseler color head on a 45 mxt chassis. I've mural capacity up to 52" x 70" in b/w, color up to 20" wide. Big drymount press and a 24" wide cold mount press in the dry room.

Shooter
    35mm
    Anyone know where I can find a list of publicly available dark rooms or should I make my own?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ran across a guy on craigslist who was thinking about opening one up but only got 4 responses to his ad. Tried to convince him it was a good idea, but he never got back with me. Maybe we should consider pooling resources and start our own public darkroom!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.bakeryphoto.com/?page_id=45

never been there (I have my own darkroom), but it might interest some people enough to investigate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Up and running here in the Lowell area. Set up for B&W, silver gelatin and platinum/palladium among other alternative processes.

Ash
    Echoes Of Light

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vermont Center for Photography has a public darkroom in Brattleboro VT.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    I'm still too stubborn to close and the rental darkroom side gets a couple of renters a week. We have
    6 4x5 enlargers and 2 8x10s and a film room capable of running any format from 35mm to 8x10 sheet film. we still run B&W film and print RC or fiber prints up to 20x24 or will rent you the darkroom equipment to do it your self (no charge for the advice). The JOBO processor is set up to run 4x5, 5x7 or 8x10 sheet film or 35mm 120 0r 220 roll film on ss reels (Hewes). Talk to me if your interested in exploring any of the equipment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also in Maine: I set up a black and white darkroom in the summer, for 35mm and medium format work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Bill Lapete! I highly recommend Bill darkroom for anyone who has a darkroom and wants to rent an upgrade for a special project. Bill has all the toys. I have an 8x10 negative of a drawing I made years ago. I'm hoping to print it to 16x20 someday, as the original is too big and too far gone to display. I have Bill's 8x10 enlarger in mind. Someday soon I hope.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Hi Elias, We are still alive and well, the rental side is picking up and several photographers a month come in to print fiber up to 20x24. We offer access to 4x5 and 8x10 enlargers. Two of the 4x5s are equipped with Aristo VCL 4500 heads and quite a few of our renters do split filter printing! One of our renters is very knowledgeable in Lith printing. We need to expand our renter base to stay open. Even creating a place to exchange information would be a good thing! We are at that point where, use it or loose it, has a whole new meaning. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
    Bill
    Last edited by bill@lapetelabs.com; 11-17-2010 at 06:36 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: expanding

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin