Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,595   Online: 1115

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PHSNE Photographica

OK, folks, it's that time again. The great people at PHSNE have gotten all set for another photo show and sale in Wakefield, MA on September 25 and 26. As always, it will be a large room filled with stuff you want and people you want to talk with. I've been going to these shows for a number of years now and never leave disappointed or with an empty bag. (I bring two big ones, one for the things I know I want to buy and one for those things I couldn't have anticipated and could not possibly pass up. Last year I needed a third for the Folmer Schwing Studio Master 8x10 that went for $50!) After the Saturday session there will be an auction.

This is a wonderful opportunity to meet other camera nuts and talk film. It's not as large a gathering as it once was, but these pictures will give you an idea of what the place is like. This link will give you the details. Come early, stay late, say hi while you're there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This time I have it penciled in.....need a lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish I had some money right now to put into cameras!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From the PHSNE email update:

Plan now to attend Photographica 74 at the Americal Center in Wakefield MA on September 25 & 26. It is a great place to find bargains in lights, tripods, lenses, images, and cameras (including digital). There will also be a huge selection of wet darkroom equipment on the dollar tables. For more information, including the flyer, dealer information, directions, and public transportation see: http://www.phsne.org/shows.html. Doors open at 9:00 AM! Admission is $5 for the general public, $4 for senors and students, and $3 for PHSNE members. Early Bird admission starts at 6 AM Saturday and 7:30 AM Sunday for $30. All admissions are good for both days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm leaving for Germany on the 25th. This will be the first Photographica I've missed in a while... guess I'll need to wait until Spring.

Ash
    Echoes Of Light

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    i will do my best to get there this year ..
    i have gotten some great things at the phsne show in years gone by ..

thanks for reminding me about this whitey !

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't know if I can make it or not. I am riding my bike up and down the seacoast that weekend. (Hampton Beach - Newburyport - York - Hampton Beach)

Shooter
    Multi Format

darkroom stuff galore

I just found out that PHSNE recently was the recipient of a huge amount (about a truckload) of darkroom equipment--all good stuff that will be sold very cheaply at the "dollar table". Tanks, contrast filters, timers, enlargers, etc etc for those of us who still paly in the dark.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hmmm....I keep meaning to make one of those, but usually something keeps me away, like lack of funds. Usually I'm out for a ride on Sat. mornings--do you think they'd be put off by someone coming in in full cycling kit?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    you would be welcome in full cycling gear. We had a guy show up as a minuteman once

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin