Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,964   Online: 865

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Not to be incredibly rude, but there is a market for used film cameras, just not the ones you're selling, except maybe the Ricohflex. The other two are $20 cameras give or take. That's why the dealers weren't interested. The Canonet was made by the tens of thousands - the brownie, even more. If you want to get an idea of what they might sell for, take a look at Shopgoodwill.com and Ebay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's not rude.

Yes, I agree that's why the dealers weren't interested. There's not a market for them and when I say them, I mean them (those sites specifically). They said that. The heavily digital influence on their sites indicates as much.

But thanks for the input. I agree that they're a dime a dozen and I didn't pay a lot for them on eBay when I bought them, but they're too special to just donate. Worst case, the guy downtown at the pawnshop will probably give me a couple bucks. Except maybe I'll keep the Ricohflex after all.

And I love your work, Flying Camera. I looked at your site. Really good images. And is Ben's Chili Bowl in D.C? I feel like I've read about it in a Pelecanos novel or two.....

Thanks.
    Jim
    Jim
    'It matters little how much equipment we use; it matters much that we be masters of all we do use.' - Sam Abell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I buy used cameras way too often on the Maine craigslist. I'm not after those you describe but I know someone in Rockland is looking to buy used cameras like that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin