Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,869   Online: 877

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Who's Buying Cameras

Hi,

Stepping in from the blizzard (or 'Terrible Storm', whatever we're calling it) to drop a quick post. Does anyone know of a good place to sell used cameras? I have three I'm trying to sell in an effort to downsize a little. I've tried the obvious ones, but I guess if anyone knows vendors/buyers in New England, preferably Maine.

Thanks.
    Jim
    'It matters little how much equipment we use; it matters much that we be masters of all we do use.' - Sam Abell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    have you considered selling them in APUG classifieds?
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Honestly, you're likely do get more selling here, at rangefinderforum.com, largeformatphotography.info/forum, ebay, etc than at a dealer. Even craigslist would likely be better.

I understand wanting to sell locally and painlessly, I'm sure people here would love to hear more about what you have (posted in the correct place, etc - not trying to turn this thread into a ad)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Whatcha sellin?
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    35mm
    yeah....give us a shot at them.....might be just what someone here is waiting for.

Let us know!

Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is also ebay. But I would not be limiting your sales to the local market unless it is a PITA to ship.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not terribly close to Maine, but the PHSNE (Photographic Historical Society of New England) auction is this weekend on Sunday in Wakefield, MA you can read about it at www.phsne.org.
    No membership is required to buy or sell.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    KEH.com
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any Mamiya 645 equipment? Or 72-75mm LF lenses?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the feedback. I tried Craigslist and KEH, and a handful of others. KEH, B&H, Adorama..all those guys just don't see a market for used film cameras, I guess. I tried to post an ad here, but you have to be a subscriber. Maybe when the IRS gives me my refund this year....

I may try eBay, just sell them as a 'lot' or something.

I can post what I have but as was previously mentioned I didn't want to hijack the thread, as it were. I'm only selling them if I can because I'm downsizing a little and these three were the least used objects.

Ricohflex VII TLR. Everything appears to work as it should. The original case on it is quite faded and torn at the snaps.

Kodak Brownie Cresta II.

Canon Canonet 19 35mm rangefinder.

Everything's in good shape, save a little yellowing on the Brownie crank. Glass is fine, etc. If you're interested, feel free to shoot a message with an offer. I can ship it/them.
    Jim
    'It matters little how much equipment we use; it matters much that we be masters of all we do use.' - Sam Abell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin