Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,877   Online: 936

Shooter
    Medium Format

Anyone in Maine with a Mamiya 6?

I've been using a Pentax 645 with four lenses or a Bronica SQ-a setup, and as age creeps up on me (more like a 100 yard dash) it's just getting too heavy for me to lug around...thinking of a Mamiya 6, but I'd like to actually hold and sight through one before selling/buying gear...anyone in Maine have such a kit?...I'd drive over if it's not more than 150 miles, spend maybe 20 minutes with it, and be mighty grateful...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM sent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you wear glasses? The Mamiya 7ii has a good viewfinder but certainly not like a Nikon F3hp.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hikari (above) is fairly local to Bristol, and he's agreed to let me check out his Mamiya 6...so I'm all set, thanks all. Curt, I do wear glasses, but even squinting through a Contax G1 is no problem for me--I adjust quickly. Regarding the Mamiya 7ii: lovely piece of machinery, but bigger than the 6, and if it I were to purchase my usual lens setup (mild wide, mid range, and mild tele) it would cost way more than my gear is worth...plus, I do like the 6X6 format...Vincent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are great cameras, the 7 feels really good in the hands. I talked to a repair facility yesterday and they said the lenses are right at the top of the list. He went on to say that he uses Mamiya 7 lenses to demonstrate a perfect lens to new techs.

Best,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin