Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,386   Online: 1096

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    8, 8:30, 9, whatever, I'll be there.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to be at Quassy that day, but I am going to see what the times look like, maybe I can still make it in the AM.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    35mm
    Whitey,
    Can you send me directions, please?

Thanks,
    Lizz
    "At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could look here, or follow these:

To cottage
    From 395 south:
    Exit 77, left at exit, right at light about 3/4 mile down (just after Dunkies') -Cross Rd
    Go to Rt 1 (at base of small hill,) a mile or so after crossing Rt 95 - Bear left on 1

Proceed past cemetery and post office to the light at Avery lane (Silva's Package Store- buy booze if needed after long drive and Whitey's directions) and then take the right onto Avery Ln.

For the cottage, go straight through the next light onto Great Neck Rd. There will be signs for Eugene O'neill Theater. This is Rt 213, if numbers matter to you. Go about 2 miles to a new school at Goshen Rd- take a right. There is a small graphic sign for a boat launch on the corner. #45 is 1/2 mile on right, at the corner of Perry Ave. Voila! The beach is another 1/2 mile down the street.

For the When Pigs Fly restaurant, take a right on Rt 154, (Rope Ferry Rd.) toward Niantic, instead of going straight onto Rt 213. It's down about 1/2 mile on the right, just after the fire station.

From Rt 95:
    Take exit for Rt 1 north toward Waterford. Exit 75. If you are coming south on 95, this entails a small loop left after you are off the highway and reversal of directions- follow the signs! Heading North on 95 it's a straight shot. Follow Rt 1 for a few miles to the afore-mentioned cemetery, post office and package store.

Breakfast is at 9 AM, if you're coming.

Shooter
    35mm
    Merci, and thanks too
    "At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Corrections!

Two things
    First, the road to the When Pigs Fly Restaurant is Rt 156, not 154. I wasn't looking at a map when I wrote the directions and screwed it up. Mea culpa.

Second, if it rains, the party will go on hold and I will publish another date. The house is very small and an outside party is really the only option. A day at the beach when you are wet and cold is no fun, so let's all do the no rain chant and don't come by if you wouldn't want to sit outside in whatever weather we're having. The zip code is 06385, in case you want to do a weather.com look-up.

Whitey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK! The weather wonks now have it down to between 20 and 30% chance of "scattered thunderstorms." We can handle that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wooo Hooo!!!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See you guys there!
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Breakfast, Art?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin