Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,877   Online: 1111

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What? The beach again??

YES! Yet again we bring you the joys and sunburn of another Waterford CT summer day.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - all day and whatever...
    Spouses and children encouraged

Good swimming beach (great for kids,) interesting scenes, more food and drink than any of us need, shady lawn and the best APUG company you can imagine.
    There is usually a swap table or two, so bring what you can to trade, sell or give away. Personal apologies up front: I won't have the bulk of give-aways I have had in the past, but there is usually something you never knew you needed until you see it.

This year we'll keep it mostly bring-your-own-for-the-fire in terms of food, but salads, hot dishes (memorable choices from last year included Diane's fish chowder and Gene's turkey chili!) drinks and dips are encouraged as well. I'll have a charcoal grill going all day.

More later

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wish I could come Whitey but three thousand miles is too far to come , I hope a good time is had by all and I send my good wishes to everyone.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ben, If you ever have one there, I might just show up... depends on where in the UK, though. Lived in the South Downs for a year. Beautiful country.
    Thanks for the words of good cheer.

Whitey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Wish I could come Whitey but three thousand miles is too far to come
    Well, if you start walking now...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    Ben, If you ever have one there, I might just show up... depends on where in the UK, though. Lived in the South Downs for a year. Beautiful country.
    Thanks for the words of good cheer.

Whitey
    The South Downs are indeed beautiful country, but I live nearly three hundred miles north of there where the nearest national park is the Yorkshire Dales Nation Park http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=The...&ei=pF3CTZzGEc that has some of the widest and most beautiful landscape in Europe.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK! I've had some positive response, so here goes:

The place is a small beach in eastern CT, not the "almost-New York" end of the state, but the poorer, more scenic (IMHO) part. New London, the small city next door has some interesting architecture, there are two large estates (here and here)turned state park locally located and a weird old sanitarium/asylum right on the shore. The beach is protected, has tidal areas for kids to wade about in while looking for crabs, large sandbars for walking out, etc. and some rocky bits for dramatic effect. : >)
    Oh, there is a nuclear power plant there too (Millstone,) but we don't talk about that part much…

The house where we forgather is a small, simple cottage about 1/2 mile from the beach, built by my father-in-law in the 40's. We own it with two of my wife's brothers. It has a very shady lot, a quiet neighborhood and not much else. Hey, indoor plumbing is enough, right?

We have tents and picnic tables, but seating is a welcome addition when there is a crowd, and I hope we get a big one on the 25th!

PM me for more info or to tell me you'll be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is always a great day both for the excellent picture making opportunities, and of course for the fine company!! (and food and drink!!) We've got it on the calendar, Whitey!! Can't wait!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    we are looking forward to this great get together!

(and i'll try to throw a few pizzas again )
    Last edited by jnanian; 05-05-2011 at 07:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A-yup... me ams gonna be there too!!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah! Good to see the regulars chime in. You guys are why we do it!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin