Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,405   Online: 1105

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zeff Photo

Shooter
    35mm
    I, too, used to do a fair bit of business with Zeff. The last time I was in there (now about 2 years ago) they didn't have a memory card for my digital, a UV filter for my lens after which their sales guy asked "How else may we disappoint you today?" That kind of clinched it for me.
    "At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class."

Images
    Such bad news. Can it be true that there is now only 2 pro photogrpahy/camera stores in the Boston area? I'm thinking Hunt's in Melrose and Calumet in Cambridge. I'm getting old. I remember Hunt's Photo when it was the right half a drug store in Malden Sq. Long time ago.
    JOHN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If Newton is close enough to Boston and Newtonville Camera still has what they used to, then I'd at least say there could be 3 good photo stores left. I always went to Newtonville as I lived in Waltham.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JMcLaug351 View Post
    Such bad news. Can it be true that there is now only 2 pro photogrpahy/camera stores in the Boston area? I'm thinking Hunt's in Melrose and Calumet in Cambridge. I'm getting old. I remember Hunt's Photo when it was the right half a drug store in Malden Sq. Long time ago.
    JOHN

hi john

im in ri, and there is 1 photo store left, and it's hunts ( used to be sbi ) and they have moved 3 times since they arrived
    first to basset street, then to point street now to university heights ..

its funny what you said about hunts, i still find myself calling it "hunt drug" ...
    i think they kept the drug store as long as they could, so they could stay open on sundays
    being massachusetts and the blue laws and all that stuff.

john
    ask me how ..

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by JMcLaug351 View Post
    JOHN
    Re Hunt's, I posted to http://www.apug.org/forums/forum139/...ites-dust.html today.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There's still a tiny Hunt's in Harvard Square, but the Calumet has more stock and better prices. In fact, the Calumet is planning to move to a larger space. Never went to zeff, but as a kid I bought all my supplies at Newtonville Camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    E P Levine in Waltham also has a lot of film gear. I walked past a whole row of enlargers and large format gear yesterday. I didn't check the film inventory, though.
    "At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin