Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,563   Posts: 1,545,298   Online: 793

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received a xmass catalogue form a philanthropic photography society this past month that featured multiple gifts depicting the Brooklyn bridge. I thought it was pretty funny and a bit of a tongue in cheek slap at the current restrictions.

Meanwhile, on my recent trip to the big apple we were stopped by the police, our names and ID taken and checked (and probably added to a list) because we were shooting on the street in Queens. God knows that of all the god forsaken patches of real estate in the USA Queens is the most desirable terrorist target.

I can't wait for my next international trip. I suspect I better wear clean underwear...

I thought the MTA announced that they were going to do away with the ban. Am I dreaming that? It was about 3-4 weeks ago I thought I read about it in the newspaper. I think the ban is still in effect but they were going to rescind it.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The ban has never been in effect. It was proposed, withdrawn from consideration, and now has been proposed again.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    man, I just looked at the photos David shot of the protest and that is the scarriest group of malcontents I have seen in a long while. Nice job David.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks, Lee. The one with the sign was sporting an A-1, and you KNOW she can do some damage with that thing.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David - nice job on the reportage photos. It's unfortunate that someone didn't show up with a 12x20 on a tripod with dolly wheels. I wonder how they'd feel about flash powder.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As someone who moved overseas before the American way of life changed, it's almost surreal to read about things like this going on back home. Where is the final line going to be drawn?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    As someone who moved overseas before the American way of life changed, it's almost surreal to read about things like this going on back home. Where is the final line going to be drawn?
    I honestly believe that the citizens of the USA are not prepared to defend their founding values or the 'American way of life' -- the way of life taught to school children: liberty, justice, equality, pursuit of happiness, etc -- but are all to willing to protect their fantasy of material entitlement. At some point I would hope that the realization will come that real freedom requires real risks and that freedom trumps risks every time. Until then more threats, or attacks will prove existing policy inadequate and sterner measures will be applied and when these prove ineffectual even sterner measures will be applied and when...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    The cops we encountered didn't seem too enthusiastic about enforcing the ban, if it is enacted. You can buy plenty of books even at Grand Central Terminal with detailed photographs of the construction of the subway system, plans and anything else an enterprising terrorist might want.
    And never mind TV shows like Modern Marvels on the History Channel.

Nice shots David. Too bad you missed Life Magazine by about 30 years. Did you use the 4x5 Graphic?

This does seem highly absurd. YoSama YoMama must be getting a good chuckle out of it.

It finally dawned on me today why we haven't won the war yet. We haven't gotten the Cartoons involved. We need to enlist Popeye and Bugs Bunny and get them on the job. Well, it worked against Hitler and Tojo. Better get the Three Stooges going too.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    I honestly believe that the citizens of the USA are not prepared to defend their founding values or the 'American way of life' -- the way of life taught to school children: liberty, justice, equality, pursuit of happiness, etc -- but are all to willing to protect their fantasy of material entitlement. At some point I would hope that the realization will come that real freedom requires real risks and that freedom trumps risks every time. Until then more threats, or attacks will prove existing policy inadequate and sterner measures will be applied and when these prove ineffectual even sterner measures will be applied and when...
    That is not solely a US malady. We have the same disease on this side of the pond too. Compulsory 'Biometric' ID Cards for everyone in the UK, for the first time ever in 'peacetime' in our history, with a £1000 fine for refusal to carry one. And jumped up little Hitlers everywhere ready to object to photography on the loosest grounds of 'security'.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin