Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,480   Online: 1083

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NY/NJ trip

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy
    I've shot there several times. I was last there during the last week of April. there were ugly orange traffic cones all around the lighthouse. looked like it was roadwork. maybe it will be completed by June 18.
    I was out there 2 weeks ago. The cones were out, but it had something to do with lighthouse tours. I can swing by and take a peek again this weekend and get an update.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi guys - did not get a chance to call the park service today...I will tomorrow or monday. I was thinking if we started early, we could hit AP in the morning, then other locations after. The fort is possible and also local parks, downtown Long Branch, etc. I can get a van and I believe Bob said he could get one. I will take some pictures of locations in Asbury and post them, so everyone gets an idea of what's here. With all the redevelopment going on, they won't last long! - Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Art--If I go, I can bring an extra LF camera if you want to experiment. You can bring a tripod.
    Wow! That's very generous. One warning though, I have no clue how to use the thing! I have a nice sturdy tripod.

What's the recommended 8x10 sheet film to bring?

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've only got one 8x10" camera so the spare will most likely be the 4x5" Gowland. I'm sure a few of us can show you how to use it. It's only got front movements and is kind of minimalist, but it's enough to start with. I lent this camera to a friend not long ago who used it for an architectural project for several weeks while his two Deardorffs were in the shop.

It's ultralight, so whatever tripod you use for your Hassy should be fine. It's probably easiest if I preload some film, so why don't you just reimburse me for film afterward. I've got B&W, color slide (Astia), and color neg (some outdated VPS III, untested, but should still be good) on hand--let me know what interests you. Alternately, if you want to shoot Polaroid, let me know, and I'll bring a Polaroid back, and you can pick up whatever Polaroid film you like. You can see what comes in 4x5" sheets at www.polaroid.com.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    It's probably easiest if I preload some film, so why don't you just reimburse me for film afterward.
    OK, no prob.
    I've got B&W, color slide (Astia), and color neg (some outdated VPS III, untested, but should still be good) on hand--let me know what interests you.
    Astia please. Tentatively, can you bring the B&W, as well? Read below...
    Alternately, if you want to shoot Polaroid, let me know, and I'll bring a Polaroid back, and you can pick up whatever Polaroid film you like.
    I have a Polaroid 545i back for my Daylab 120. Will this fit? Plus I've wanted to try the Polaroid 55 film/print combo.

I may even bring some Type 59, my transfer kit and do some Polaroid transfers right there!

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bring the 545i back. It fits. Type 55 can be messy if you intend to process it in the field, but people do it (and if you can do transfers in the field, dealing with Type 55 should be a cinch!). You can remove unprocessed packets and pull them later, when you're in a clean environment for coating prints and have your tray of sulfite solution handy. B&H and Calumet sell a bucket with a rack and a cover for soaking the 55 negs in the field as well. Some people just keep a Tupperware container with the sulfite solution.

I've always got some Grafmatics loaded with B&W, so that's no trouble either.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

I'm bringing my 5x7 Sinar P2, anybody want to carry it for me? Carrying it will be a better introduction to large format photography than actually looking through the ground glass.

I hope it doesn't rain after all this planning...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Any body need any film? I can go to B&H and do some shopping.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If anyone is interested in splitting a box of 50 sheet 8x10, let me know. I was going to order Efke 100 asa. - Jim

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Guys- I spoke with the superintendent of Sandy Hook today. She is sending me the permit info in the mail. If we do this, we must be accompanied by a park ranger and the fee is $45.00 per hour. I am going to go scout the area next week, take pictures and post them, so you can get an idea of what it looks like. From what I remember, it is a lot of of concrete bunkers, rusting staircases, etc.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin