Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,852   Online: 741

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: NY/NJ trip

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The idea has been suggested that we keep the shoot in Asbury, which is probably a good idea based on time constraints, traffic, etc. I will scout the bunkers on my free time and post pictures for a future trip. If anyone is running late, I can always shuttle them or guide them to the location. The train station is at Memorial ave and Bangs Ave. If you should have problems locating it, let me know. If anyone wants to come earlier, I'll be around. - Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm coming in on Friday and staying overnight nearby - since I am coming in from CT. I'll meet everyone where ever we're suppose to - I believe the train station at 11am? Where's the train station?

I've invited two friends. One's a 4x5 shooter who will also bring his Hassey, the other's a 35mm shooter, but has wanted to shoot in the area for a while. A third might join too. She shoots digital, but she's cute, so we'll forgive her!

Can't wait to try a 4x5. Thanks David. I'll bring some type 55, type 59, my Polaroid 545i back, my transfer kit and a sturdy tripod. I'll also bring my Hassey.

Thanks for organizing this Jim. I concur with who ever mentioned that maybe we should just stick to shooting around Asbury Park. Seems like there is a lot to photograph in the area alone. Since I am staying overnight Friday, I'll be up early in the morning taking some early morning pics. If anyone wants to join me at say 6am or so, please post and PM your cell number, we'll do breakfast/java afterwards but before meeting with the rest of the gang.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 06-11-2005 at 08:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Looks like we have 7 + Art's 2 friends. Still waiting on confirmation from Versed and Bob F. If anyone wants to start earlier, the train station is only 1/2mile to 3/4 mile from the shooting area, so I can meet people and guide them over throughout the morning. Train station is at Memorial Drive and Bangs Ave. I will PM my cell to all during the week. I'm glad this worked out. I think it will be lots of fun and hopefully lead to more shoots. I know some galleries in town, so maybe we can get a show together. - Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The train station at 11 is fine with me! My wife Liz will be coming along - she wants to take pictures of us taking pictures! (she's also great for carrying my tripod, she doesn't complain!)
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hey Guys- Wether report for Saturday. 74 degrees and partly cloudy. Looks like a great day all around. I will probably join Art and his friends early...if anyone else wants to join, let us know. I sent my cell # off to everyone. If anyone needs directions, I can help you out. If anyone has trouble getting into town, please don't hesitate to call.That's about it. Have a safe trip! - Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Tom--I can be ready as early as you want to meet, if you want to catch some morning light.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Tom--I can be ready as early as you want to meet, if you want to catch some morning light.
    How early is early? I can pick you up at 7AM or after. Like you, I need to leave Asbury Park a bit on the early side. I have a last minute graduation party to attend at 6:30PM.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Whenever you're ready, Tom. 7 or 8 am is fine, but don't feel obligated to wake up that early, if you would rather sleep in a bit.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A tremendous success!

Kudos to Jim for putting this together! We even managed to make 2 new large format converts today!!!

I'll post images that my wife shot of the group as soon as they are souped & scanned (tomorrow, most likely).
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Bob and thanks to all for visiting AP. It was even better than I expected. I will put up some shots as well. I just hope Art and Alex can sleep tonight. Try counting film holders instead of sheep guys! Thanks again- Jim

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin