Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,633   Online: 984

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anyone care to weigh in for more recent names? I go to Duggal but the service feels very impersonal. They do a good and consistent job, but even though I give my film to like the same 2-3 guys every time I'm in there, they look at me as if I'm new. I listen to "Inside Analog Radio" and with everything I hear about Richard Photo Lab on nearly every ep of it, it makes me long for that experience. Living in NYC though I feel I shouldn't have to ship my film to LA for that. Anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like Modernage. Met the owner a few months ago, and he seemed determined to stick with film developing, including E-6, as long as possible. Very nice people. They treat me well despite the fact that I'm in there only every couple of months.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about LTI and L&I? Anyone have any thoughts there?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    LTI seems to be run by good people, but I haven't used their services myself.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have been using Color edge, or what ever the name is now (the name might be Color Recourse Center or Vista Imaging now), i feel like they change it all the time. Its on 22nd street in between 5th and 6th avenue. I have been very pleased with there service, and the people at the front desk are funny nice dudes for the most part. I only really have them do my c-41, and the occasional black and white, but usually I do the black and white my self.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    LTI does a pretty good job developing my Velvia slides

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LTI does very good work- I've used them for years, ever since their sister lab Fleshtone Miami closed down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll throw a vote in for MV Labs. Jim does all custom work -whatever developer, dilution, etc. you want, he will do and he does it all himself by hand. He is a perfectionist in his work and has done custom film and printing for some big names out there including Rolling Stone (for their film issue years ago), Magnum, Jim Goldberg and a bunch of others you can view on the site (www.mvlabs.com). When you call, you can talk directly to him and arrange when you need everything done by and he will try to accomodate.

Shooter
    35mm

Need a Good Place For Portra 400 and Fuji 400

Most of the posts here are a bit old so I don't know which are still good. I need a place to develop/print the new Portra 400 and Fujicolor Pro 400H. I don't need custom work - just someplace that understands what these films are and how to develop & print them properly (I doubt that CVS, Duane Reade et al would know what to do with them except to throw them in with regular C-41 film processing).

I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What format do you shoot? I have had C-41 processing done by both Duggal and LTI in 35mm and MF. I haven't got anything printed though, but I believe both of these places will do optical prints from color negs. Check out their websites. Of course there are other labs, but these two are the ones I have experience with.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin