Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,827   Online: 916

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'll put it in my calendar, and if I can make it, I'll try to come.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Me too, I am taking Carl's class as well

Scott:
    Looking forward to taking that Platinum class as well.
    Neal Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    Drat. I'll be in NYC that day at CFAAHP (Center For Antique And Historic Processes) taking Carl Weese's Platinum printing class. Oh well... if you run it again later in the summer or sometime in the fall (sounds like it might be a neat place for some foliage shots), let me know and I'll try to make it.

JJC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "If there is interest, we can have some presentations or informal instruction on the use of large format cameras. This event is open to all APUG members and all film formats. If you have always wanted to learn more about medium and large formats, now is the time."

[SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua]I like that idea. I was hoping to learn more about large format even if only
    through casual conversation and observation.[/FONT][/SIZE]
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Jim Horning

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I should be able to attend.

David, I can give you a ride if you decided to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Mark your calendars for Sunday, 21 May beginning at 10 a.m. at the Prallsville Mills complex in Stockton, NJ.
    I'll try and make it too.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeak
    I should be able to attend.

David, I can give you a ride if you decided to go.
    Thanks! Let's try to coordinate closer to the date.

If I do go, I can bring a spare 4x5" camera if someone wants to experiment. Bob Fowler and I did this at the Asbury Park event, and I think we got two converts (gr82bart and highpeak).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sunday, 21 May beginning at 10 a.m. at the Prallsville Mills complex in Stockton, NJ.

That is a wonderful location. I've worked there a couple of times. The street side of the mill complex will be lit up nice that early in the morning. If you come back later in the afternoon the mill race and creek side will be in the sun. There is a railroad bridge with a small water fall and then the mill is behind the bridge. It looks nice. Or you can work with just the mill from the railroad bridge.

There are a number of nice little towns near there. North of the Mills a few miles is Frenchtown, and a few miles south is Lambertville. And don't forget to check out Stockton. It has a nice old Hotel at the main road in town (but again that is more of an afternoon shot).

You will also be only a couple of miles from NJ's only covered bridge in Seargentsville just northeast of Stockton.

Sorry I'll be on the road still that weekend or I'd try to get out there with you all.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There certainly is a lot to photograph in the area. The Mill can easily be an all day affair. Another day can be spent photographing within 3-4 miles of Stockton. And then... well, you get the idea. Lots to do.

The buildings of the Mill complex can easily be photographed from 360 degrees; all of them. They are from late 18th to early 20th Century. Bring a lot of film.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Aslong it's on a Sunday, count me in. - Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, Sunday, the 21st. YThe Mill has events every Saturday in May and most of June.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin