Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,317   Online: 1206

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi James,

Thanks for organizing this get-together. Just recapping the details so nobody has to search through all the posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Mark your calendars for Sunday, 21 May beginning at 10 a.m. at the Prallsville Mills complex in Stockton, NJ. It is three miles north of Lambertville, NJ/New Hope, PA and approximately 10 miles north of I-95 and not too far from I-78, I-295, I-195, US 1, NJ 31, NJ 12, and just a mile from US 202. We will most likely be able to photograph inside the Mill as well as the outside of the Mill and the various other buildings in the complex. The Delaware River Mill Society will not be charging us for the use of the complex, but we should plan on making a donation. I will pass the hat during the day for that purpose.

If there is interest, we can have some presentations or informal instruction on the use of large format cameras. This event is open to all APUG members and all film formats. If you have always wanted to learn more about medium and large formats, now is the time.

I can also have one or two models present if anyone wants to do portraiture. Any photograpjher who wants to use a model, should we decide to have one or more present, will be responsible for a financial renumeration to the model. Models would only be present if there is a definite interest. No interest... no models.

I will come up with other ideas for the day as we get closer. I will post those ideas here in the forum. Any questions??? please ask. Thanks.
    Looks like we'll have a good turnout as well:

• JamesG
    • jovo
    • highpeak
    • gr82bart
    • JJC
    • trhull
    • David A Goldfarb
    • aj-images
    • Superuj
    I'm looking forward to it. Highpeak and David, you guys want to car pool?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It's looking like I can't make this one. I've got friends coming in from out of town that day.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hmmm...

I've been running around like a "chicken with its head cut off" for the past couple of weeks and haven't been able to check in much with APUG. I'd really like to make this meet-up, but can't commit at this point. I'll be out on assignment again this week (a shoot in Miami), but with any luck, I'll get back in time to participate.

One of these days, if I'm lucky, things will slow down a bit at work...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I should add...

Art, since Dave said he won't be there, if it turns out I can make it, I'll bring a 4X5 for you.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    Art, since Dave said he won't be there, if it turns out I can make it, I'll bring a 4X5 for you.
    Bob,

That's awesome. I need my 4x5 fix!

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    James are we on for 21st May ?
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everything is a "go" for Sunday, the 21st. Although I had planned on a 10 a.m. start, I will be there earlier putting cones out in front of the mill so we can keep it free of cars. If anyone wants to arrive earlier than 10, that is fine.

Experienced LFers would, hopefully, be willing to do some show-n-tell for those who attend and are not familiar with the format. If you bring some Polaroid film and are willing to share, there is no reason to do it for free, as a sheet of Polaroid is now above the $3.00 mark. I will explain to participants that they should be willing to cover film costs of those who are good enough to provide their cameras and some instruction.

Also, feel free to bring and distribute any useful information or flyers that may be of interest. It may also be a good idea to make up a name tag and wear it for the day. When I was at the NE get-together in March at Springfield, someone made available APUG name tags - Bob Fowler, was this you? If this can be done for this event and someone is capable of doing so, please do it. Thanks.

Bring a lot of film and ideas. Please share. Let's have a good time and a productive one.

I will confirm again with the Mill Society that everything is in place for us to be there. As of three weeks ago, it had all been arranged.

E-mail with any questions, ideas, or concerns: jgphotography@att.net My new studio phone number, being installed tomorrow, 5/16, is 908-996-2484 and FAX will be 908-996-3009.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just checked the schedule at the conference I'm shooting, I'll be able to fly out of Miami the morning of the 19th, so I'll be there!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What is the best route to take from MA ? I plan to leave around noon on sat. I did a yahoo map of the route and it takes me though a lot of confusing routes, can I take I90 - I84 straight to NJ ?
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If anyone wants to meet up the night before, I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn in Flemington, NJ. I should be there by 3 or 4pm on Saturday.

Regards, Art.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin