Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,427   Online: 762

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    If anyone wants to meet up the night before, I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn in Flemington, NJ. I should be there by 3 or 4pm on Saturday.

Regards, Art.
    I have a photo shoot in South Jersey on Saturday, but could be back by 7 or 8 p.m., possibly earlier if I get an early starty in the morning. I can then meet with anyone who is interested. We could hang out in my studio in Frenchtown and get some good Italian food one short block away.

BTW, some good shots to be had in Frenchtown.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by manjo
    What is the best route to take from MA ? I plan to leave around noon on sat. I did a yahoo map of the route and it takes me though a lot of confusing routes, can I take I90 - I84 straight to NJ ?
    Since you mentioned I-84, I would suggest the following:

I-84
    to
    I-684
    to
    I-287 (W)
    to
    Garden State Parkway (enter NJ)
    to
    I-80 (E, towards NYC)
    to
    I-95 (S), aka, NJ Turnpike (S)
    to
    I-195 (W) --- exit 7A on NJ Turnpike (S)
    to
    NJ-129
    to
    NJ-29 (N)

Alternatively, you could take I-95 from I-87 after I-684, but this route goes through the city and I would avoid it. Also, please note that the Garden State Parkway (GSP) and the NJ Turnpike are toll roads. NJ EZPass works in MA, so I guess the reverse is true as well.

The Prallsville Mills is in the town of Stockton, and is located on NJ-29 (N) a little way beyond Lambertville. You should watch out for a tall red building (see attachment).

Note: NJ-29 turns left into downtown Lambertville. Make sure you do not miss this turn (not easy to miss), or else you will end up on NJ-179.

Hope you have a safe trip.

Regards,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mills.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    We could hang out in my studio in Frenchtown and get some good Italian food one short block away.
    Cool! I'm all for it. I will PM you my cell number.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Looks like I am a go. Bringing the 4x5, 8x10 and maybe my better half..........someone's got to carry the tripod! - Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay
    Since you mentioned I-84, I would suggest the following:

I-84
    to
    I-684
    to
    I-287 (W)
    to
    Garden State Parkway (enter NJ)
    to
    I-80 (E, towards NYC)
    to
    I-95 (S), aka, NJ Turnpike (S)
    to
    I-195 (W) --- exit 7A on NJ Turnpike (S)
    to
    NJ-129
    to
    NJ-29 (N)

Alternatively, you could take I-95 from I-87 after I-684, but this route goes through the city and I would avoid it. Also, please note that the Garden State Parkway (GSP) and the NJ Turnpike are toll roads. NJ EZPass works in MA, so I guess the reverse is true as well.

The Prallsville Mills is in the town of Stockton, and is located on NJ-29 (N) a little way beyond Lambertville. You should watch out for a tall red building (see attachment).

Note: NJ-29 turns left into downtown Lambertville. Make sure you do not miss this turn (not easy to miss), or else you will end up on NJ-179.

Hope you have a safe trip.

Regards,

This is really the long way. Great if one would want to see a not-so-nice part of NJ. It's about 30 miles longer than the directions I had given earlier. Not very direct...
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great! I am still planning to join on Sunday morning from Westchester, NY with my Hassy. Will bring some polaroid films and holder if you can kindly to show me how LF works. Keeping my fingers crossed for the weather. Looking forward to meeting you all in person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by manjo

30% chance of rain with possibly a "few showers" should be OK. We will keep an eye on the weather though.

Thanks, Manjo, for sending me the link.

James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Superuj
    Great! I am still planning to join on Sunday morning from Westchester, NY with my Hassy. Will bring some polaroid films and holder if you can kindly to show me how LF works. Keeping my fingers crossed for the weather. Looking forward to meeting you all in person.
    Great to have you on board. I will have an extra 4x5 camera along for you to use your Polaroid film.

See you Sunday.

James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    This is really the long way. Great if one would want to see a not-so-nice part of NJ. It's about 30 miles longer than the directions I had given earlier. Not very direct...
    That may be so, but I gave the route that I am familiar with. Nobody had posted an answer to the question, so I ventured a reply. Maybe you can post better directions instead of merely saying so - I didn't see any in the thread.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin