Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,777   Online: 821

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Everyone seems to be liking Bill Schwab's prints.
    Well I am going to let the cat out of the bag to announce early whats up at Elevator.
    Bill and Les Mclean will be coming to Toronto together to do a mini conference with a couple of other instructors June 28-July14 time frame.
    Bill will be having an opening gala show and be available to talk about his work. As well Les will be having an opening and talk one week later.
    For those interested we will be posting the details here and on hybrid , if you sign up on our site www.elevatordigital.ca you will get all the notices regarding the guy's from UK and Michigan and our marketing propaganda.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw the show yesterday (Saturday), great stuff. Lots to see. I think Art's review was pretty good. I would add that they had a Salgado Penguin print next to one of his copper mine images at Fetterman... interesting to see those two photographs together!

I ran into Krystyna (JustK on Apug), spotted the Turnley brothers, but having only been introduced to David Turnley once some twelve years ago, I didn't quite have the gumption to introduce myself.

Missed Bill Schwab, but saw his prints... the Halsted gallery was a popular spot! It was great to see all the work on the walls, and I'm glad I made the effort. It was a spectacular day to be in New York on Saturday. It was a lousy day to drive home, today!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art,

Great review! As each ear goes by working alone, it is easy to let your head swell a bit about your own work. Then comes AIPAD, an utterly humbling experience. You realize just how much really good work is out there. It functions well in putting you in your place, that is for certain. It was a really good show this year I thought.

It was really great to meet both you and Jim and I am very glad you were persistent in tracking me down. I have to say that meeting and talking with APUG folks in person is far better than here online. If more could do this I am convinced there would be much less in the way of conflict in these forums. I very much appreciate the fact you looked me up and I look forward to spending more time in the future. I really enjoyed our conversation. Jim... if you get anything together in Central Park or along the Jersey shore, please let me know!

Suzanne and John, I'm really sorry we didn't get to meet and I thank all of you for stopping by the booth and taking a look at my stuff. It means a lot as do your kind words.

As per Bob's post above, it would be really great to meet more APUGgers at Elevator if you can make it in June!

Bill

PS. The Korean ladies really were a business meeting... honest! Although, as you could see, I always enjoy seeing them. Mi-Li Choi is the owner of Gallery Lumiere in Seoul and Soomin is her assistant and translator. The two of them work incredibly hard on my behalf throughout Asia and I am so fortunate to have their support. Check out their gallery if ever in Korea.
    Last edited by billschwab; 12-30-2007 at 04:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure Bill,

What other images do have of them? Forget the internet responsibility stuff. Show us the images! We know you have them ...

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin