Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,521   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PhotoPlus Expo, Javits Convention Center, Oct 18-20

Just checking to see who is planning on attending PhotoPlus at the Javits Convention Center, Oct 18-20. Maybe some of us would like to meet at the show.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll be there on the 20th.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ill be there on thursday and friday if there is anything good left to see (analog).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be there on the 18th. I have a Hassey demo to goto at Splashlight beforehand and will go afterwards. Less of a crowd too. Every year, there's a be a bunch of New Englanders who come by bus. It's organized by papagene, but I can't recall if one is organized this year or not.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My wife and I have registered for passes, and will certainly attempt to attend. I went last year, and was disappointed by, but amazed at the degree of digidomination. But there were good things to see at Ilford, Bergger, Manfrotto, Kodak (free film giveaway on the spot), Light Impressions (John Sexton was there), and several other booths that offered something for the traditional photographer. The Epson display, however, was truly impressive. Inkjet color printing is not in its infancy any more by a long shot.

Since my wife does a lot of hybrid work, I guess we'll find more of interest this year together than I did last year alone.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget that a lot of the big name makers of film based cameras and lenses, film etc. will be there. I know that Leica, HP Marketing (Linhof, Rodenstock, Kaiser, Novoflex, etc.), Canham Cameras, Schneider USA, Rollei (I think), Hasselblad, Arca Swiss, Nikon, Canon, MAC (Mamiya, Toyo, Tenba, etc), Bogen Imaging (Gitzo, Manfrotto, Metz, etc.), Fuji, Kodak, Harman (Ilford)..... will be there.

Also Calumet should be there. Additionally Ries Tripods should be there as well as Tamron. There are many many others that will be there as well as many of the Photo magazines, Light Impressions (and others of their ilk), etc.

There will also be much more there as well as the digital suppliers and makers for those interested (though not discussed here at APUG).

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will be there on the 18th (Thursday) from approx. 1-4PM

Shooter
    Large Format

John Sexton and Kodak at PhotoPlus

I wanted to let fellow APUG members know that I will be at PhotoPlus Expo in New York City next week.

Kodak will be distributing free samples of the new T-MAX 400 film (35mm size only) to those attending PhotoPlus Expo in New York City, October 18-20, at the Jacob Javits Center.

In addition, Kodak is presenting a panel discussion, "Black and White Photography in the 21st Century," on Friday, October 19th from 3:00 - 4:45 PM. This event is free to all those attending the PhotoPlus Expo show, and will be held in the Presentation Theater in he Jacob Javits Center. I'm pleased to be a part of this panel discussion, along with photographers Michael Crouser, Liz Gilbert, and Kristen Ashburn. All of us will be discussing our current work and our decisions in terms of why we work in black and white photography. There will be a drawing at the conclusion of the event, where attendees will have the opportunity to win silver gelatin prints from each of the four panel members. If you're attending PhotoPlus, it would be great to see you at the panel discussion.

For further information on the Kodak PhotoPlus panel checkout:
    http://www.photoplusexpo.com/ppe/pre..._id=1003648554

I will also be in the Kodak booth to visit with people and sign books at the following times:

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18
    11:00 am - 2:00 pm

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19
    10:30 am - 12:00 pm

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20
    10:00 am - 1:00 pm

I hope to have the opportunity to make some new APUG friends from among APUG members, as well as visit with old friends during the PhotoPlus Expo.

I'm on the road traveling right now, so I won't have much access to the APUG forum or email until after I return from PhotoPlus Expo.
    John Sexton

www.johnsexton.com
    info[at]johnsexton.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Where are the recommended places to stay?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin