Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,219   Online: 1067

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

relocating to Syracuse NY

I'm relocating to Syracuse NY and wondering who on apug is in the area?
    I'm on the slow track moving there, spending some time in syracuse, but most of the time in Madison till about January 09. I'm a multiformat shooter who loves to mess with cirkuts and graflexes and lot of other odd formats.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not up there now, but I grew up about an hour east of Syracuse (Little Falls). I occasionally make it back up there (not often enough according to my mom). But I might be able to give you hints of places to go shoot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Bethe
    Be thrilled to hear your recommendations. I went climbing on the rocks by the canal once in Little Falls. One of my favorite places close to syracuse is Chimney Bluffs.
    Jamie

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You are in luck. Syracuse University has a long tradition in photography, both VPS and Newhouse. Also the community has fine photographers living in the area.

You must stop by the Community Darkrooms: http://communitydarkrooms.com/

I wasted countless hours there as a Freshman. It is open to the public, not just students. They publish a fine quarterly magazine 'Light Work' that I recommend you subscribe to.

You'll find wonderful landscapes and architecture throughout the region.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    went climbing on the rocks by the canal once in Little Falls.
    Hi! Were these by the lock? That little island (yes, it's technically an island) has a lot of potholes left from the glaciers receding. They're not all easy to get into with cameras, but there are some great shots from below.
    I'm actually going to be up there sometime in the next few weeks and plan on shooting the potholes if I can. Around LF are a lot of great barns and farms. On route 5S, between Mohawk and LF, there's a farm house and barn sitting and decaying, complete with a Jeep and some farm tools.
    I'll make some mental lists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin