Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,387   Online: 929

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images

traveling to Beacon, Ny this weekend.

Hi, Going to see Dia:Beacon. Driving from Phila with a few cameras (I was told not to take them all!). Is there something we shouldn't miss? I
    love bridges and water and shoot B&W, medium format and 4x5. And we want to visit some galleries. And maybe chill a bit.
    Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks, Anne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you look in my gallery (in the Gallery section, not the galleries on the home page), or in various parts of my blog, you'll see some work I did at the falls and the calm water above at the far end of town (all the way down Main Street, and around the curve). It's a very good subject. There are also some old factory buildings and other semi-ruins that might interest you. The bulk of the galleries are at the near end of Main Street (closest to the river), but it's worth the time spent in other parts of the town as well. There is also a park on the Hudson itself close by the Dia that can probably offer some camera fodder if the light and the weather are interesting. Good luck, and have fun, Anne.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Thanks, I've always enjoyed your pictures!

Anne

Shooter
    35mm
    If you have time drive north on Rt 9 to Poughkeepsie. Two classic bridges over the Hudson.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have not been to Beacon in a year or so and it's worth the time to walk around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try this link to the town. (I recommend the "Piggy Bank" if you like barbeque, btw. It's located in an erstwhile bank, and the atmosphere, and food are pretty darn good.) Use the map for a comprehensive guide.

http://cityofbeacon.org/guide
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    come on up. i am in kingston NY. not too far from beacon. a couple of friends and i are panningto shoot some Large format on sat. wanna come along? how about you john? come along.

i sent you a PM.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    eddie, love to hook up with you guys. Can't figure out how to reply on APUG. My email is:asp.artist@gmail.com. Thanks, Anne

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin