Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,471   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would think it would be worth asking a photo lab in the city about putting your used fixer in there silver recovery system, or they might know of an other place to properly dispose of it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would check with your sewage treatment people. Our community publishes a pamphlet on this as well as recycling, places to take for processing. I agree we have far more dangerous chemicals in our homes than what we do with our photography. How about the chemicals in your garage? Or used outdoors for lawns, gardens, insect control. Realizing what I have and I make a conscious effort to not used chemicals and when I do I'm careful with application quantities and frequency of use. It's how we live in the 21st Century. If we eliminated all chemicals we would have other problems.
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    if you have neighbors you dont like, do what I do: pour the used fixers and toners on their shrubs in the middle of the night

Seriously, though, I take used fixer and toners to my hazardous material dropoff place since it's just down the road from where I drop off plastic bottles for recycling. I have better (and more legal) ways to annoy my neighbors
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only pour that stuff on the shrubs where they are intruding into MY property--my neighbor never asked if I wanted that crap growing in my yard before he planted them.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Way late to the party. I'm not sure if you still need the info but here it is in case someone else does. I know Westchester has a county hazmat where they receive photographic chemistry if you are a resident. I think NYC does also but I'm not 100% sure. Why not give NYC DEP a call. I've dealt with them in the past regarding fishing in the city reservoirs and they were pretty helpful. Here's their number: (212) NEW YORK (639-9675).

Raul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin