Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,817   Online: 1127

Thread: moving to NYC

Shooter
    35mm

moving to NYC

Dear all,

I am going to move to Manhattan soon, if everything go fine...

I wonder if there is any lab that is good for color negative and do print in metallic paper

I am from Hong Kong and it seems there is only one shop (1 that i know of anyway), which do printing in metallic paper...
    and how much will the service cost in New York?
    or if I will have to post it to other place if i want to process the film and print in metallic paper?

all i can find on the internet are about digital at the moment...

this information will help me to decide whether i should go more digital or stay the way i am, which is about 50/50 now

Thanks very much for your help

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sanders McNew
    My Flickr stream

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For processing I can definitely recommend Modernage (6th Ave in the 40s) for processing. They've done a lot of nice work for me in the past, and the owner is very involved with the lab and the customers.

I believe they also do printing on metallic paper. The last time I was there (couple months ago) they had samples of prints on it hanging in the customer service area. I haven't used that product myself, but their examples were very nice.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin