Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,320   Online: 996

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh man sorry I forgot about this, Whens the next meet up? its been a super long week for me, as my students had a their annual media show on thursday that we just took down yesterday, I was setting up lighting, matting and hanging posters and prints into the wee hours all this past week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
    I'm late because of the 1 train, missed the 12:00 ferry
    Dan and I are here, why don't you give me a call when you arrive? My number is 423 323 0612

See you in a bit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Today was a lot of fun! I met up with Dan, we covered a lot of ground, and now I've got a bunch of 120 rolls to develop.

Tony, sorry again for listing the wrong phone number. I hope you managed to get some great shots.

Those who weren't able to join us, Let's do another meet-up in a month. Exactly one month from now, july 2, might be tricky since it's a holiday weekend, so what about june 25th? I'll start a new thread for it too in a day or so. Suggestions for a location, maybe on manhattan?

Thanks, Dan, for meeting up, and sorry again Tony.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    This sounds like fun! I may be spending the month of July in NYC. If something is happening around that time then you can count me in too!

-Maliha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 25th sounds cool!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Caught this thread too late to make it to the last meet, will plan for the 25th though. How about creating an actual group in the group section? Theres a LI group and a Hudson Valley group but no NYC. It would make it easier for more people to find.

-Raul

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great day out on Governors Island. Here are a couple of very bad scans of paper negatives from the day (haven't processed the HP5 yet). The first was taken using a 90mm f8 Nikkor at f22. The second is in poor imitation of Jim Galli. The lens is a 4x5 f11 Gundlach meniscus (the one I show in this thread). I discovered it fit into the shutter from a 5x7 Gundlach RR, which allowed me to shoot wide open (I very crudely estimated around f5). It's actually a respectably sharp lens stopped down to f22-32 but this seems like much more fun.

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img001.jpg   img002.jpg  

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hook up with the Film Photography Podcast crew:

http://filmphotographypodcast.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool photos Dan!

Here are a mix of the c-41 photos I took during the meetup and some taken previously (all from Governor's Island). This represents my first effort in personally developing c-41, so there are still some kinks to work out in the process

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sokrasi...7626794385439/

Also, I'm going to create a meetup group today as per the suggestion of Raul, and post about the next meetup.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alright, I just made a group called "Manhattan Meetup". This should be an easy way to spread the word about dates and details. Join if you're interested in joining us!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin