Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,097   Online: 1166

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Manhattan Meetup group - Join us!

Hey,

I've started a meetup group for manhattan APUG members. We've held one successful meetup so far (at Governor's Island), and are in the midst of planning the second one for June 25th. The group is called "Manhattan Meetup" in the APUG group section. Join us!

- Stan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The second meetup at High Line Park was quite a lot of fun. I always love using some film with others so I hope more people will join the group and come out with us. NYC is such a fun place to photograph. Here are two from the meet.

img001-resize by Jason Rofls, on Flickr

img007-resize by Jason Rofls, on Flickr
    Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Great shots, Jason! Which camera and film did you use? They look amazing!! Thanks for sharing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was out shooting with equipment that I love. I had my Bessa R3M, 40/1.4 Nokton, a cheapie flea market Promaster orange filter, and my trusty Digisix. That's all I brought. I was using Legacy Pro 400 film which I bulk load and according to the 100ft reel it comes spooled on it is Fujifilm.

I develop it in HC-110 dilution E and it comes out looking gorgeous.

I am really looking forward to the next meetup and hopefully meeting even more APUGers.

img006-resize by Jason Rofls, on Flickr

img008-resize by Jason Rofls, on Flickr

img004-resize by Jason Rofls, on Flickr
    Last edited by LudditeJay; 06-26-2011 at 03:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here are a few photos taken from the last meetup. There are a few upcoming events, so if you're interested, check out the group and join us!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just saw this thread tonight for the first time n like what I see.

When and where are you guys planing another meetup?

paul ron
    automax1@juno.com
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    I just saw this thread tonight for the first time n like what I see.

When and where are you guys planing another meetup?

paul ron
    automax1@juno.com

The crew is growing larger by the day! We recently visited Coney Island this past Saturday, it was really fun. Ron and Stan brought out their 4x5's, Jason, Raul, Raul's son, and I shot 35mm. Good times!

I cant wait to see what everyone got, I didnt get a chance to develop anything yet.

The best way to check on the happenings is through the group, just join it! the messages from it dont appear on the normal forum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree, join up! It was fun. I shot one roll of b&w and a couple of pathmark 400 color. I am best buds with b&w negative film so I am curious to see if the color is any good lol. I developed the b&w roll tonight and here are some. Everyone was awesome and I look forward to more meetups. There is talk about a July 30th and August 10th meetup. Check it out.

img009 by Jason Rofls, on Flickr

A little mini series on the fishermen of the pier

img006 by Jason Rofls, on Flickr

img007 by Jason Rofls, on Flickr

img010 by Jason Rofls, on Flickr
    Last edited by LudditeJay; 07-18-2011 at 01:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Jason

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can't seem to find where to join, how is it done.. where do I go?

EDIT... I found it!

Last edited by paul ron; 07-18-2011 at 08:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another great meetup on August 10th and this time it was international! Come and join us .

img009 by Jason Rofls, on Flickr

img007 by Jason Rofls, on Flickr

img005 by Jason Rofls, on Flickr

img002-Edit by Jason Rofls, on Flickr
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin