Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,706   Online: 724

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Madison Photo Fest?

Last year I went to Madison for a big photo show the early part of the year. They had photo exhibitions in various places all over town. Anybody know if or when this will happen this year? Any APUG people going to be showing work?

Well I'm close to WI
    Chuck Pere

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, you know...they've been pounding down my door, but you have to draw the line somewhere! haha
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of the organizations that sponsored that show is The Center for Photography at Madison: http://www.cpmad.org/ A very nice group of people.

The show you saw is held every two years I think, though it might be every 4 years. I have the brochure at home and can look to be sure, but it isn't being held this year I know.

There is a group in Milwaukee too: http://pictorialists.com/ They have a lin to Wisconsin area camera clubs.

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Will. I imagine it was a lot of work putting on that show. I only had time to see about half of it. It is a great way to promote photography.
    Chuck

Shooter
    4x5 Format

PhotoMidwest '06

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP
    Last year I went to Madison for a big photo show the early part of the year. They had photo exhibitions in various places all over town. Anybody know if or when this will happen this year? Any APUG people going to be showing work?

Well I'm close to WI
    Chuck Pere
    Chuck - The Center for Photography at Madison (CPM) is the sponsor of the event you went to. It will be in October of '06 - a change from March of every other year. The planners are busy at work now. Visit cpmad.org from time to time to check for info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just noticed this: http://www.photomidwest.org/index.html

Any of you local APUG people going to be showing work? I hope to make it up for at least some of the shows.
    Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm having a couple of shows during photomidwest. I have to go look for the details and will post it later, but one will have a lot of very large format historical process photos taken with cirkut cameras and al vista swing lense cameras, and another will have large color landscape pans
    My website is www.jamieyoungphoto.com
    Jamie Young in Madison,WI

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin