Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,552   Online: 825

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

First Website

Hi Folks,

My first website is up at: www.desmidt.net I'd appreciate any constructive comments.

-Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    very similar to my last one... so I'll give you a 'excellent' report

maybe oversharpened some of the pics.

Don't get 10/10 because there's no link to APUG...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Peter,

Excellent work. The quay into the ocean is wonderful.
    Steve

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt
    Hi Folks,

My first website is up at: www.desmidt.net I'd appreciate any constructive comments.

-Peter
    Hi Peter,

Looks pretty good for a first website. I found 1 dead link in your Misc. photos.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Simple and easy to use. I like that. I would try with a different font (instead of Times New Roman). [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]Verdana[/SIZE][/FONT] or [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Arial[/SIZE][/FONT] would be good condidates. Times gets a bit ordinary on websites, and the others are more elegant IMHO.

Greetings Morten

Shooter
    35mm
    I also like it, quite simple, and I would also suggest another font. Besides that, I think you should resize the frames so that there are no scroll bars.

Images
    SImple, easy, good photographs (especially two front teeth). I would say a job well done.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, everyone, for your comments and suggestions. Some of them have been implemented already! Regarding frame sizes, I'll have to figure that out. (Yes, I am a Dreamweaver ignoramous.) I agree with the comment about oversharpening. I'm also having some issues with proper amounts of compression. Regarding Mark's favorite photo, be careful! Out of all the photographs, including one's taken with a 4x5, you picked one taken with a 2mp point'n'shoot

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think it works very well and agree with previous feedback.

My suggestion would be to create navigation from one gallery into the other 3 without having to go via Photographs button on LH nav bar. I would also be trying to work out how I was going to expand the capability in terms of galleries and no of photos in each as you continue to make your excellent images.

I am currently struggling with both of these issues as I contemplate designing a new one for myself. Sorry, currently unable to offer solutions as they continue to elude me!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt
    Regarding Mark's favorite photo, be careful! Out of all the photographs, including one's taken with a 4x5, you picked one taken with a 2mp point'n'shoot
    Well I guess I am off to confession and a few hundred hail analogues for that slip up. Still a good picture

[SIZE=1]Hail analogue full of chemicals.....[/SIZE]
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin