Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,412   Online: 754

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd like to take the waterfall class but I'm not sure at this point if I can get away. I think I'll take the nature photo class and if that goes well, maybe sign up for the waterfall class later. Wasn't there a get together a few months ago in Milwaukee? Perhaps another one can be arranged this spring and we can all meet.

Shooter
    35mm
    How about a report on the Waterfall class? Get any good shots? Unfortunately, the Nature photo class was cancelled.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was great! The weather was perfect and I think I managed to get a few good shots. I posted two in the Critique Gallery a couple minutes ago. We went to some falls in WI on our way to & from the UP (Dells of the Eau Claire on the way up & Copper falls on the way down). We went to I think at least 8 separate sites... including Bond Falls and Presque Isle park (which has at least 4 falls)...in the 3 days we were gone. It's pretty much dead-serious photo shoot... no picnics in the park or whatever. We are up at 6am, and get back around 6 or 7pm. It's good!

Tonight is the last class for this. He will critique our photos. I am the only B&W shooter (same as last time), but I think I have a better selection this time around.

Last fall was a wee bit 'brutal'... but not so bad considering that I had no clue about a good many things! haha

Sorry the nature class was cancelled. Check UW-Waukesha's website... I know they offer many short photo-shooting classes.

There will possibly be another waterfall class in the Fall. I'll keep you updated on it.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    35mm
    since i am not a subscriber, i can't enlarge your shots but the small ones in the gallery look very nice. I'll consider taking the course in the fall. BTW, there is going to be a civil war encampment at the menomonee falls old village on july 16-17. That should be a great opportunity for photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool! I'd probably have to just take my Hassy there! (no batteries)

BTW- the instructor said the fall waterfall class will be the first weekend of October... which means September 30 & Oct. 1&2. There is a class...usually the Tuesday before, so he can tell everyone new what to expect & transportation can be decided. Then, we get back together for the 'last class' the Tuesday of the next week after we return.

I may check out that Civil war thing.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    35mm
    Another interesting thing at Old Falls Village is the Steichen house. The house that Edward Steichen lived in when he was a Menomonee Falls resident has been moved to the village. An interesting bit of photographic history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin