Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,468   Online: 1103

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Holy Hill (Batman)!

A few of us have been talking about getting together & going to take some photos up at Holy Hill after we get some more snow.

I'm going to give them a call at the cathedral tomorrow (it's very close to where I live) and see what their policies are about shooting inside. It would also be nice to sort of know how many people would be interested in this. It's a great place, inside & out!

So.... I thought it would be good to know if you'd be interested & what days would be best for you.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm interested. Most any days works for me.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Holy Hill Upper Church

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM1977
    I'm interested. Most any days works for me.
    Hi all,
    Here is a scan from a 5x7 neg of the interior of the upper church at Holy Hill..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Evan,

Thanks for the photo! I've actually driven around holy hill last week a couple of times for my job. I've never been inside, though. I was thinking that it might be fun to use a 110 XL on my 8x10 for an interior shot.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Peter,
    I messed up and left my 150XL home today, I wanted a wider shot. We got lucky this morning because the elevator was out of order and we had the church somewhat to ourselves after the lights were turned on...Evan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Evan,

I'm really jealous of that 150XL. I'm not really sure that my 110 will cover 8x10, some say yes and others no. I haven't tried it yet myself. I bet that 150 would, though, especially on the front of my Sinar! I think we should find out

-Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    I am interested. I am also much appreciative, Jeanette, of your taking the time to do this. My car croaked last Tuesday. Funeral was held Friday. Perhaps I will be able to come, perhaps not.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm definitely interested. I'm available any weekend during the day through Christmas. I'm also interested in meeting other local apug'ers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Jeanette, would love to go...but I don't think I'll be up there anytime soon. Looks like a Great place to photograph (but you knew that!! )

Nice photo Evan, if that doesn't draw a crowd what will...Please post lots of work after you go up there...so I know everything I missed
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt
    Hi Evan,

I'm really jealous of that 150XL. I'm not really sure that my 110 will cover 8x10, some say yes and others no. I haven't tried it yet myself. I bet that 150 would, though, especially on the front of my Sinar! I think we should find out

-Peter
    Hi Peter,
    The 150 covers my 8x10 just fine and it is so wide, I never even tried my 110 on it. I have gotten this 5x7 a couple months ago and it gives a pretty good increase in the appearance of rise and I am really aggravated I did not take the 150 with me for the interior shot of the church...Evan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin