Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,370   Online: 733

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same here! And it's snowing & blowing like it thinks it should! haha
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt
    Since we missed all of the leaves, we should probably wait until there's snow on the ground. Which, from the way it sounds at the moment, could be tomorrow.
    From the vantage point where leaves and the Church coincide in the composition the whole structure is about the size of a dime on an 8x10 negative shot with my 500 tele! The outside is really hard to shoot. My buddy and I usually do interiors in the church and the small chapel..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke
    From the vantage point where leaves and the Church coincide in the composition the whole structure is about the size of a dime on an 8x10 negative shot with my 500 tele! The outside is really hard to shoot. My buddy and I usually do interiors in the church and the small chapel..Evan Clarke
    Do they mind tripods and view cameras in the church?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt
    Do they mind tripods and view cameras in the church?

We have never had a problem. I have had my 8x10 and 4x5 inside many times. One must always be sensitive to worshipers and choose the right time. Sunday during mass does not work but the place is frequently empty...Evan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone want to suggest some dates for possible get-toegethers?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Peter!
    I'll check some times when the church will be void of worshippers. Then, if you like, I can post a separate thread for it in the 'Wisconsin' forum here. OK?
    Jeanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Hey Peter!
    I'll check some times when the church will be void of worshippers. Then, if you like, I can post a separate thread for it in the 'Wisconsin' forum here. OK?
    That works for me. I'm generally only available on Sundays and Mondays, but with a little advanced notice something else could be worked out.

Shooter
    Large Format
    My name is Yong-ran Zhu working at Medical College of Wisconsin. I have been photographing Holly Hill church using mainly 4x5 camera (recently I also use 8x10) for many years. I believe that Sat. morning is the good time to photograph interiors. On Sunday, you need arrive there before 7am. Otherwise too many people around. Lots of people come from Chicago area and come early . Besides, the church will turn on the beautiful lights in the chapel at third floor early, which will cause the lights to be over-exposed . It is difficult to avoid it for the chapel is relatively dark especially around 7-8 am in winter season. On Sat. you will have longer time to photograph the church especially in cloudy day. Not only there are a few people around, but also the window light will help us to photograph well. If lucky enough, it will have 5-7 zones between the bright light on the wall to dark part in the chapel, if you do BW photography. So we can have relatively good negatives. I never have any trouble using my tripod. People are very friendly, too. I also believe if you want to photograph church, the view camera is the choice.
    Evan is my friend. He told me that you would like to meet the photographers
    live around here. I think it is a good idea for we have common interests. I will try to join the group meeting if we can select a day available for everybody.
    Also, we can bring some prints to share the visions.
    Thanks!
    Yong-ran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Yong-ran!

Thanks for the great info on Holy Hill! That's pretty detailed & will come in handy for us! I have a call in to the people there to see if there are some days that might not be so good for us (with Christmas approaching, things will be hectic around there).
    It would be great if you wanted to introducs yourself to everyone here. Just follow this link and select "new thread" at the top.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum53/

We're all looking forward to getting to know you better! Check the thread called "Holy Hill (Batman)!" to see get more info as we get it. Looking forward to seeing your photos!
    Jeanette

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi!
    Thanks!
    Let me introduce myself here for I live in Wisconsin.
    I was professor of surgery at Shanghai First Medical College in China and came to the US 19 years ago and now I am a faculty member of the Transplant Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin. I have earned the master degree of computer science 12 years ago, so I also write database applications in our college. Besides, I do some basic science research, too. I also did some beta test for Sigmastat, the biostatistic software from the SPSS company in Chicago several years ago.
    After more than 10 year day and night study and work, I have established my career here. I had thought to do something else to relieve my stressful life. I went to join John Sexton's workshop to start my fine art photography. I mainly use 4x5 large format cameras, but I also use other format cameras. I do all darkroom work and also use digital techniques. I joined local camera clubs and the Photographic Society of America. Every year I join one workshop instructed by Howard Bond, Bruce Barnbaum... who use large format camera and make black and white images, to learn more from them and other participants. I joined lots of domestic and international competitions to force me to do more and better photogrphy. I wrote some articles published in the Journal of Photographic Society of America to share the views to my friends. All the ribbons, plaques and medals awarded only ecourage me to learn more and practice more. The 52 weekends are my wonderful time to walk somewhere in Wisconsin with my cameras, to see, to feel, to react, to use my camera to make images based on my visions. In the evenings, I stay in front of my enlarger or the computer to think, to interpret the images, which I have made. Then I use my techniques to make final prints with joy. I love Photography, so as Medicine.
    If you have time, please type "Yong-ran Zhu" in Google search, you will know a little more about me.
    I always very excite to meet people with common interest. I believe I will meet you in the near future.
    Thanks!
    Yong-ran

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin