Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,617   Online: 731

Thread: Lens board ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lens board ?

Looking for a 56 mm Retaining ring or a 101 x 101 mm lens board with a 57 mm thread. I am trying to mount a Fujinon-EX 135/5.6 lens on to my Beseler 45. I tried the Large Format group but my McAfee will not allow me to go there. This is the only safe one I can use. I have tried the stores in Vancouver but they look @ me with a blank stare. At least @ Leo's the guy got up and looked but 52 & 58 mm was all they had.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 02-13-2014 at 12:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this one of those dealies where it's a regular Copal #1 shutter, but then on a sort of adapter to an odd-sized hole that's somewhere between #1 and #3 sized? I've had two of them, both Electric shutters.
    One's on a Technika lensboard that I'm using/keeping, but the other one came on a different-brand lensboard that may or may not fit your beseler, I'll have a look when I get home...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Why in the world would anybody attach a boat anchor like McAfee to his machine? An anti-virus that is as crippling as a virus. The ordinary free AVG is fine. But it's your machine. I'm sorry for you. But best luck on the question you posted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Why in the world would anybody attach a boat anchor like McAfee to his machine? An anti-virus that is as crippling as a virus. The ordinary free AVG is fine. But it's your machine. I'm sorry for you. But best luck on the question you posted.

Thanks I only need a Lens retainer not advice on my firewall protection. Free ones can be real danger. Thanks anyways.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I seem to have found that the lens cone on the rear of the lens with fit inside a 39 mm board with a bit of tape for an interference fit but I am suspecting this is why the lens has a dent in filter thread portion of the lens. Lens heats up loosening the fit and gravity does it's job bringing the lens to the baseboard/floor. I have contacted SK Grimes whom I am sure has heard about this problem before but I'll still be looking until it is mounted properly. So far I only have 1X 4"x 5"negative to deal with for now but I suspect their will be more.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 02-13-2014 at 01:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    To be more constructive--now that I have a better idea of what you're doing, have you considered running a bead from a cheapo hot glue gun around the threads?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    meanwhile, I've just (finally) realised that you're talking enlarger not camera. In which case what I've got won't fit (although I'll check anyway, some bits might be interchangeable).
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just don't know if hanging the lens from the lens glass cone would be such a good idea for it long term. I do not think that they were designed for that. The interference fit will work a few minutes but long term I want it properly mounted. Anyone else do this ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    meanwhile, I've just (finally) realised that you're talking enlarger not camera. In which case what I've got won't fit (although I'll check anyway, some bits might be interchangeable).
    From what I have come across is the Copal 3 is about 64.2mm so if I get a Copal 3 sized hole in a 101 x 101 mm lens board. Lens will go through get a 56mm retainer ring on the lens tighten it up and good to go ? Should work in less the retaining ring is too small OD...
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 02-13-2014 at 01:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin