Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,765   Online: 1091

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

N. Georgia, anyone?

Hi all,

Gary B. and I went shooting last weekend and finished up by talking about an APUG get together in the north Georgia "mountains", somewhere like Rock City or any # of the waterfalls around the Dahlonega area. I'm hoping a few weeks notice here will help others schedule this with work/family and a chance to iron out the details.

My thoughts are to aim for the weekend of Dec. 11/12, meet mid-late morning and be home for a late dinner (at least for those of us in the greater ATL area). Any takers, thought's, preferences...? Let's hear what'll work best for you and see if we can't come up with a consensus to go shooting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    D'oh! Forgot to look at my own schedule, and the 11/12th is out for me. Perhaps Dec. 4/5th?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I checked with another APUGer (Juan) here in N Florida, and we agree its too far for us just on a weekend. I'll probably be in area 1st week of January; and hope to get to see the falls then.
    Have a good outing; and let us see your results.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, rattle our cages when you get ready to come up north, some of us may be able to meet up and share some favorite shooting spots and BS at a local restaurant.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary, when I lived in Roswell, there were 19,000 people there. There were wooded areas between town and Sandy Springs, and there were farms in Alpharetta. I hear it's changed. Ha.

I only had a 2 1/4TLR when I lived there, and I'd love to photograph some of the old historic sites with my 8x10. Maybe Doug and I can plan a trip next year.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Juan,

Yeah, "changed" would be an understatement. Still lots of tree's, mostly shade for all the new neighborhoods, though. Be sure to post a time frame on any visits, hopefully one or more of us in the area can meet up.
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How not to shoot

I found an interesting tidbit about my WA and camera that day, got to see it today when I souped the negs. I forgot to check to see if the rails showed in the picture when I switched to portrait format, that 12.5 WA lens was a bit dim to see right away. I also managed to get a tripod leg in the shot, never realizing the lens has such an angle of view. Of course I WAS pointing the camera nearly straight down, who'd a thunk it?
    I think the next batch of film I buy will be something other than the J&C 200, I don't like the midtones I get from this film.
    One of these days I might learn how to use that camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails millracedown.jpg  
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format

APUG group shoot

I don"t live in N.Ga. but do live in S.Western NC.(Brevard)Would be interested in getting together with other members for a day shoot.Ron Crowder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ron, Keep an eye on this message board and hopefully once the Holidays are over we can all meet up - particularly if the FL guys visit. You're in a beautiful area for shooting with the lakes, rivers, and of course the smokies. Not bad for driving either... I've a good friend that lives in Murphy, NC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott, you still good for getting out the 5th? We need to get a few of our other friends interested in going shooting with us. Whats a good place to go and who can go with us? Waterfall Country in NC is close and easy, as is Rocktown in NW Ga. on Pigeon Mtn.
    Gary Beasley

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin