Quote Originally Posted by f64push
John if you go to "National Forest in North Carolina" you will have a good listing by region and what is there to be seen,also under "National Park Service" just click on the state and it will give you a better idea than most maps or travel agents.If you are going to be along the Blue Ridge Parkway you could try "Transylvania County NC,Land of Waterfalls".For info,the Blue Ridge Parkway goes through the Pisgah National Forest and runs into the Great Smokey Mountains National Park.I will be in Chapel Hill next week also visting my 2nd year med student daughter who is taking all my film money.
Thankfully our days of supporting students are done. Step son Alex worked in Chapel Hill while his wife finished her masters degree. Now he is writing and acting while she works. Step daughter Jennifer, step grandson and son in law are working north of Denver, CO. We don't see either new family often enough, but they have picked prettier places to live than Cleveland, OH.

It looks like we will be waterfall hunting in Asheville, NC and Brevard for three or four days June 20-24. Then we will stop at Cheap Joes in Boone to fill my wife's paint box and on to Chapel Hill. We may hit Cheap Joes after the weekend of the 26th on the way home depending on how much we enjoy waterfall hunting. I’m retired and my wife is a teacher on summer break. After forty years of schedules it is fun to play it by ear for a change.

From what we read Brevard-Transylvania county have 200+ waterfalls. Can you suggest specific waterfalls or directions that have good light as opposed to tree canopy and are reachable maybe up to a half mile from the car with an 8x10 camera, in a baby jogger with 20" wheels and shock absorbers. A trail works, but stairs and rock cliffs slow me down. I am 65 years old and not a track star.

If you are going to be in either area we would love to hook up, but don't want to incontinence you.

Thanks for any thoughts you can provide.

John