Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,618   Online: 1204

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Images
    [QUOTE=glbeas]It figures...

From the looks of the map the trails a good three or four miles downhill. We opted out of that consifdering the lateness of the day and the heat. Map said the round trip hike was five hours. QUOTE]

You made a good choice, Gary. I haven't made the trip yet, but a good friend who is a serious hiker made the trip, and he said it was an a**-busting 10-12 mile round trip.

Bill, I'm no expert on the Sloss situation. It seems to me, though, that unless there are prominently placed signs explaining their policy, I'll take photos and use them as I see fit. I've never seen any such signage; has anyone else?
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Images
    Doh! Clipped a bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    From the looks of the map the trails a good three or four miles downhill. We opted out of that consifdering the lateness of the day and the heat. Map said the round trip hike was five hours.
    You made a good choice, Gary. I haven't made the trip yet, but a good friend who is a serious hiker made the trip, and he said it was an a**-busting 10-12 mile round trip.

Bill, I'm no expert on the Sloss situation. It seems to me, though, that unless there are prominently placed signs explaining their policy, I'll take photos and use them as I see fit. I've never seen any such signage; has anyone else?
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Bennett
    Doh! Clipped a bracket.

Doug, I have not been back since we all were there last, so I have not seen signs and I do not believe the policy was on their web site before. If I am near there, I may just drop by to see.
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What would you all think of doing the Air Museum as a get together sometime soon? It's a great place to do abstracts of aircraft metal.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm game. Regardless of where we go, we'll nee to start throwing out some dates. I don't have a calendar handy at his point, but perhaps something mid-Sept?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    It figures...

My wife and I got out and went touristing around north Alabama. Went to Cathedral Caverns, great place, stunning cave and nice tour guides. Then we found a sign pointing to thhe Walls of Jericho and followed it north from Scottsboro. Theres two parking spots, the first has an image of a horse on it, the second has a hiker icon on it, thats the one you want. From the looks of the map the trails a good three or four miles downhill. We opted out of that consifdering the lateness of the day and the heat. Map said the round trip hike was five hours. Afterward we drove to Little River Canyon and got a few frames off on the 8x10. We just got back a short while ago.

Gary

Still stumbling around in cave country? I hiked down the escarpment from the highway into Walls of Jericho. It is a pretty cool place. large TAG limestone canyon that has been hollowed out into a large bowl shaped area that kind of looks like an amphitheatre. I saved time by hiking down the mountain from the east, but I dropped over 1500' in elevation. Not fun hiking back up with large format gear! I got some pics, but you really must have something very wide angle to capture the place properly.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    How bout a trip down to S. Georgia? Maybe Okeefenokee, or somewhere along the coast? It would probably be an overnighter for us Atlanta folk, but might be fun.

There is a large format group that is down in Florida- maybe we could plan to meet them half way!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've done Jekyll before, great for the driftwood beaches but takes a long time to get there. You know any other good places to shoot down south?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about weekend of Sept. 24/25 at the Air Museum?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We can pin that to the board and see who bites. I'll be up for it, it's a good excuse to see my brother who live at Warner Robins.
    BTW anyone from far out needs an overnight stop to make the get together we have a spare bedroom to lend.
    Gary Beasley

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin