Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,215   Online: 916

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    I can;t this weekend, have a commitment on saturday (footbal game) :P

Keep an eye out for things interesting in your area, you might could coordinate a get together up in your neck of the woods. I'm pretty sure we'd be there barring previous promises or work, my wife loves to get out and tour the countryside.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yup, the NC State - Carolina football game is a big deal!
    If the misssus grants permission I'll go to tailgate and take pictures then... there's always a couple of fun things going on.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    As for the day of the meet I'd prefer Saturday, just so I'll have some darkroom time on Sunday. What do you think?
    Sounds good to me. Seems the weather will cooperate as well. Contrasty conditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary,
    You mentioned meeting around 10AM in a prior message, and museum site indicates they open at 9. I'm guessing we'll be around 2 hours drive from N. Atlanta. At this time do you have a sense of how many people will be going? I'll also e-mail my cell number to you in the event anything changes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As of now theres just your party and mine. My brother says he'll most likely meet us there but not stay the entire time. You want to carpool?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too bad it'll be a small group - we'll post some shots and make them regret it.

As my 4 yo will be attending I think he'll travel better (with all his accrutraments) separate. I just mentioned it to him at lunch today, and will show him the web site this evening. Hope he can sleep. Still on for 10 am then?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still on! Come on folks, lets have a few more show up!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Still on! Come on folks, lets have a few more show up!
    I guess I may get shunned for writing this but I just don't understand why folks want to go photographing in large groups.

What is the appeal for that approach? I can understand perhaps a 2 or 3 person shoot, especially for safety considerations in certain situations but hanging out and trying to work with a herd of other photographers seems counter productive .

Just my 2 cents,

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This isn't so much the herd thing as it is a bit of socializing and sharing locations and ideas. And it's not like you are on top of each other at the museum. FWIW last time I was there with other photogs we had problems trying to find each other. For example the shoot at the Sloss Furnaces we had 5 photographers wandering the site, never got in each others way. I think its interesting to see the different way people shoot the same location.

It takes all kinds to make a world, so I can't knock your views. I'm just glad you're there to help keep analog photography alive.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Don,

I suppose for me it's a few things. One it's simply social and great to meet with other photographers in the area. As someone who's only been at this for a few years, I'm always interested in seeing what other people are shooting with and how they go about working with a subject. Gary found a great abstract yesterday that I peeked into the GG. I'd have never 'seen' that shot. So it's a learning process too. It's a great excuse to get out and find places I've not seen before, etc. Having said all that, some of my most memorable times shooting I've been completely isolated.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin