Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,530   Online: 933

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Another get together

OK, so I (sadly) missed the Sloss Furnaces after trying to set some dates that'd fit into my schedule as well... Let's hear some idea's for another get together, say in mid to late Sept. for the greater Atlanta, north AL, southern Carolina people. Gary, you seem to have a knack for pulling people together for these as well. Who's in?

Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We need to brainstorm a list of interesting places we can set up trips to. Anybody care to throw a few in the hat? I can find quite a few wet waterfall/ rapids type stuff and know one or two old structures like Fort Pulaski and Fort Jackson in Savannah. A return to Rocktown is not out of the question either, the road is being repaired or is already done so getting there is not a problem. Very local to me is the paper mill ruins at Sope Creek with the rapids in the creek as well. Two sets of ruins are on either side of the creek. The Air Museum at Warner Robins was very good for doing metal abstracts on the aircraft scattered all over the place. A good junkyard shoot is fun too but I don't really have any contacts for that.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really enjoyed the Sloss Furnaces thing, and would like to try something else. I could do a trip the third week in Sept. My day job will be holding me against my will the last week. If nothing else a good old junkyard shoot might be just what we need.
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You know any good junkyards that would let us in to play, Bill?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've heard lots of good stuff about the air museum. If/when we choose it, I know for certain my 4 y.o. son will have to attend. He'll be packing digital...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH
    I've heard lots of good stuff about the air museum. If/when we choose it, I know for certain my 4 y.o. son will have to attend. He'll be packing digital...
    Scott, do you suppose he will show me how to use it? I got a couple of medicine bottles I need help with too!
    Gary, I just think the junk yard is a good Idea, but I do not know of any. But I'll check around.
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey guys, I just thought I would go back to Sloss furnaces again since I live near by. I checked the web site for opening times and discovered the place now has a photography policy that includes fees or donations for use by artists, requires credit for any use of image, requires written permission, and is claiming right to use and limit of your use of images to a great degree. I guess the free studio days are over. Take a look at the web site and see if you read it the way I do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It figures...

My wife and I got out and went touristing around north Alabama. Went to Cathedral Caverns, great place, stunning cave and nice tour guides. Then we found a sign pointing to thhe Walls of Jericho and followed it north from Scottsboro. Theres two parking spots, the first has an image of a horse on it, the second has a hiker icon on it, thats the one you want. From the looks of the map the trails a good three or four miles downhill. We opted out of that consifdering the lateness of the day and the heat. Map said the round trip hike was five hours. Afterward we drove to Little River Canyon and got a few frames off on the 8x10. We just got back a short while ago.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH
    Scott, where is the air museum? What kind of place is it? I lead a very sheltered life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Air Museum is in Warner Robins, Ga. next to the airbase located there.

http://www.museumofaviation.org/home.htm
    Gary Beasley

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin