Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,191   Online: 700

View Poll Results: Where would folks like to go for a Saturday day trip?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harpers Ferry, WVa.

1 11.11%
  • Wheeling/ Panhandle

0 0%
  • East Broad Top Railroad in S Central PA/ Other Railroad related site

1 11.11%
  • Charlottesville, VA

2 22.22%
  • Somewhere in Western Maryland

3 33.33%
  • Baltimore

2 22.22%
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Washington DC Metro area anyone?

Previously I had organized a trip in the DC area to Great Falls (early Summertime), and although a limited number of folks showed up, we had a great time. I'd love to try something again for the fall... perhaps a road trip out to Harpers Ferry? I'll post a list of possible locations - I'm open to suggestions as well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Possible Destinations

Maryland's and Virginia's eastern shores. Assateague and Chicoteague Island's. Numerous wildlife refuges such as Bombay Hook and others on the Atlantic Flyway, and State Parks including Trap Pond housing the largest stand of Bald Cypress trees in the north, and endless miles of sand and surf to tickle the creative funny bone. Sharp light can lend to contrasty and dramatic images if this is your wish. Wind can add alot of motion to a drab scenic image. And the sunrises and sunsets can be absolutely gorgeous. All here on the Delmarva Peninsula.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Annapolis might be considered metro DC (although they would probably consider that an insult) but once you cross the Bay Bridge I think you're a little farther out than what Scott had in mind.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd be up for something on the Eastern Shore if it could easily be done in a day, or at most a weekend. Even though I think distance-wise Harpers Ferry might not be too much closer than Kent Island, that pesky bridge adds a psychological exponential magnifier to the effort.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    With the exception of Charlottesville, all of the places listed would be more than a day trip for me, but, depending on the weekend, I'd still be up for a trip.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    I'd be up for something on the Eastern Shore if it could easily be done in a day, or at most a weekend. Even though I think distance-wise Harpers Ferry might not be too much closer than Kent Island, that pesky bridge adds a psychological exponential magnifier to the effort.
    The area is nice around Harper's Ferry, but the traffic on Route 340 up there is bumper to bumper for most of the weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by t_nunn
    With the exception of Charlottesville, all of the places listed would be more than a day trip for me, but, depending on the weekend, I'd still be up for a trip.
    How about the Great Dismal Swamp?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin