Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,521,009   Online: 807

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    LabRat- whereabouts in West Virginia are you? if you're not too ungodly remote (say somewhere north and east Bartley and War), I can probably get some of the guys here in DC to come out your way for a shoot sometime.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am interested.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Let me suggest looking up Shelby Lee Adams, he lives in eastern Kentucky.

I have a very nice, big cabin near Frenchburg and would be willing to host a bunch of photographers there. But I live near DC so I don't get over to the cabin very often -it'd have to be planned well in advance. I don't have a darkroom in the cabin but, now that I think of it, it wouldn't be hard to set up some basics.

Like Scott (above) I am always happy to round up some of the DC folks and take them out west.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    TheFlyingCamera; That sounds great! I'm in the Morgantown area, but i'm willing to travel some also if schedules work out of course.

jp80874; thanks for the invite, i'll look into that if the work schedule pans out.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    jp80874; thanks for the invite, i'll look into that if the work schedule pans out.[/QUOTE]

It is a very do-able ride from Morgan Town. I have come down to Cass a few times. Morgantown to here is the easier part of that trip.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format

Group in Knoxville, with a Film Photo Walk on 9/24/11

I'm rather late to this discussion, but for the benefit of those who may find it later on, I recently started the Knoxville Area Film Enthusiasts group. There's not exactly been a flurry of activity as of yet, but the group is open to anyone in the area who would like to participate.

We are also organizing a film photowalk in Knoxville on Saturday, September 24, 2011. Feel free to contact me for more details - or join the group, as I'll be posting specifics on location once that's decided upon in the near future.

You Kentucky/ North Carolina/ Georgia folks (or anyone else visiting Knoxville), are more than welcome to come participate!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What does a film photowalk consist of?
    From those planning to attend, will it be paced for 35mm/MF shooters on the move, or slow enough for LF users to join in? Optimally, a location that would allow visitors to wander instead of working as a moving group would allow for the most creative freedom.
    I will stay tuned for more info.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    What does a film photowalk consist of?
    From those planning to attend, will it be paced for 35mm/MF shooters on the move, or slow enough for LF users to join in? Optimally, a location that would allow visitors to wander instead of working as a moving group would allow for the most creative freedom.
    I will stay tuned for more info.
    This is the first one I've organized, but this is something along the lines of the annual Scott Kelby Photo Walk (held one week later this year), with the exception that it's for film only. This is strictly a local event - not affiliated with any particular organization. It's meant to fun and informal.

We'll initially meet at a predetermined location downtown, then freely walk about the general area in small groups or individuals. If the turnout is small, we may decide to just move as a group, but I agree that it's probably better for us to spread out so nobody is hurried and people are free to explore - both spatially and artistically. Less experienced film shooters may want to tag along with more experienced folks.

Some of us may meet up at a local restaurant at the end of the morning to chat and talk about photography and any interesting observations we made while shooting. We'll set up a virtual gallery after the event, either here in APUG or elsewhere, to share our best photos from the day.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LabRat87 View Post
    TheFlyingCamera; That sounds great! I'm in the Morgantown area, but i'm willing to travel some also if schedules work out of course.

jp80874; thanks for the invite, i'll look into that if the work schedule pans out.
    Morgantown is beautiful. I'd trek out there to photograph any time.
    Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin