Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,432   Online: 1151

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bumping this, I'll be in Savannah this weekend if anyone is going to be wandering loose in the area. I'd love to visit with whoever is around.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    An earlier poster mentioned the Jack Leigh Gallery. I was there in December & Gallery still exists, for info . I have his The Land I'm Bound To which is both a beautiful collection of photos & an interesting viewpoint of Savannah. Wish I could get there this weekend.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We need to invite these folks to Apug. I notice in the contact page Ben Beasley, Master Printer and Assistant Director. Be interesting to meet him and compare family trees.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Let us know how the trip goes, Gary. I was going to go down Sat., Sun., and Monday, but the weather was so bad, I cancelled. Look like it should be nice while you are down....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Surely you can't just sneak out for a weekend jaunt Jeff?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    We need to invite these folks to Apug. I notice in the contact page Ben Beasley, Master Printer and Assistant Director. Be interesting to meet him and compare family trees.
    We stopped at the gallery and had quite a nice chat with Ben. There were some platinum prints on the wall that were to die for, can't remember the name of the photog, but it was done with darkroom enlarged dupe negs from medium format.
    I left Ben with an invite to join us and I hope he does, this gallery seems to be purely analog B&W work at this time, and very beautiful stuff.

We also got a tip from a local on the Savannah Wildlife Sanctuary just across the river in South Carolina on Hwy 17. It's a retired rice plantation with canals and wetland areas covering it and a four mile loop of a road through it to observe the wildlife. We saw a huge crowd of waterfowl wintering there and about a half dozen gators that had come out to sun themselves in the extra warm weather that day. I was able to include one small but good looking specimen in LF shots on Tri-X and some old Kodak HIE. I'm going to love that one when I get it back and soup it. The reeds would have been great for texture shots but the breeze was constant and unrelenting. Sounds like a return trip is needed for when the air is calmer. This is a great place for small and medium format with long long lenses for the wildlife.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I wish I had seen this post earlier since I live here in Savannah. The wind never dies in the wildlife reserve, never. The Jack Leigh gallery is okay, one of the professors at SCAD, Craig Stevens, prints for them. Lots of places to photograph. If anyone is coming here in June, give me a pm, I'll try to meet with you and show you a few places, after that, I am moving to Kentucky.
    -Greg
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Darn, missed the post, too!

I live here, anybody coming to the area, send me a pm! Greg, how is Kentucky treating you?

Imke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll keep you in mind Imke, you probably know the area much better than I do for shooting. And if you ever get lost and wind up near Atlanta, make some noise so we can find you.
    Gary Beasley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin