Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,220   Posts: 1,532,307   Online: 894

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would have like to have gone, but I couldn't work out the fine details so I have opted to make the other gathering which is much closer to home. I appreciate the offer just the same and hope to make the next one...

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey Gary.... what time did you want to meet at the trailhead? I have directions to pick up someone who is staying at a cabin over near Turner's Corner, and want to make sure I give myself plenty of time to arrive ontime!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    10 am seems like a good time to meet, it'll give everyone a chance to get there in time. Everyone agreeable to that?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Counting down, hope to see a lot of film cameras at the trailhead!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be there by 10, if not prior. Looking forward to some nice weather.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We had four shooters on the prowl today, Jeff Dilcher and a lady friend he brought, Scott Hamming and me. I'm beat, lugging that backpack for five miles is tiring. I think I'll have some keepers. I want to thank Jeff profusely for proposing this area for a shoot, it's great! Four waterfalls on the creek by the trail, each one bigger than the last. Now we wait to see what gets posted from the trip.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    We had fun, too! Gary, at least you didn't carry the 8x10 Korona, or we may have had to call out a rescue!

I am still trying to figure out a development strategy for my negs.

I had some 24second exposures, (including for reciprocity), using Ilford FP4. I'm assuming I'll need to lessen my development substantially.

I know how to develop for a "-2" scene, in zone terms. I wonder if that would be a good place to start, consider the long exposure times. Any ideas?

Next time I'll be bringing faster film! I admit it, I am just not used to shooting such long exposures in these shady coves!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a great time yesterday. We couldn't have asked for much better weather for stomping around in the woods. I've already developed 2 of my rolls, and likely another 2 tonight. I'm very happy with the results so far, and know which will be printed first. Can't wait for the next get together.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here was the first photo I took. A negative scan. Rodenstock Sironar-N 150mm lens, I think F22, and about 24 seconds (counting in my head... I forgot my watch). Ilford FP4+, Rodinal 1:100 stand processed 32 minutes, 68 degrees.

Scott, we were right, that highlight on the rocks is going to require some burning in!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Raven_Cliff_Falls_Trail.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well done Jeff!
    Gary Beasley

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin