Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,284   Online: 1196

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Time for a new gathering

It's time to start planning for an outing for the SE members. The idea has been put forth to visit Raven Cliff Falls sometime soon, like on a Sunday in about 30 days to allow everyone to agree on a date and schedule it in to thier days off. Hopefully the weather will be cooperative that far in advance. Chime in and tell me what you can do so we can set this up. I'd like to get a few people going on this so we can get to know each other and have a good time. There may even be some camping involved. Heres a link describing the area, it's near Helen in North Ga.
    http://www.yahoolavista.com/waterfal...liftfalls.html
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be interested, but won't/can't commit due to some things going on at work.
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually this kind of commitment you don't make to the group but to yourself. I'd love to see every apugger in the area show up but reality rules this world and anyone finding time even at the last minute is welcome to show up. I'll have contact info and meeting place and times posted when we solidify the plans. This one sounds like a really good trip for the outdoor enthusiast.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Count me in for now - I'll do what I can to make the trip from Central Florida. I've got the ability to take time off basicaly whenever I want (with a few exceptions) so unless what others come up with hits an exception, I'll be there.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let me know if you're tight for a place to stay, we have extra rooms.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    35mm

SE gathering?

Sounds like a great place to camp/photograph. Probably need to be sometime in Sept or Oct for us. Not available all weekends. Let us know!
    [SIZE=7][SIZE=3]APUGers do it in the DARK[/SIZE][SIZE=3]![/SIZE][/SIZE] :D

Shooter
    35mm

Gathering

Count me in, of course if schedule allows. I'd love to be able to shadow some people using 8x10 or other large format. If anyone had some extra gear, I'd love to possibly borrow/rent some equipment for the trip! I'm just itching to get into the large format world after several years in 35mm.

Fall color is gorgeous up in the N. Georgia mountains if you can time it right, which is just a crapshoot. Be aware that Helen has a large Oktoberfest celebration most of that month. It can be dicey getting rooms and if you do, you'll pay a little more for them. Not a problem if camping.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Depends on the date.. but love the area and would try to make it as well.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ellen Marie[/FONT]
    SC

www.bellafiorephoto.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'll have either 4x5 or 8x10, depending on if I can find something that will handle the 8x10 that is affordable. I've got a good solution for 4x5 so I will at least have that and anyone who wants to is welcome to try it out.

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Gary, this should be fun. I've been up to this area a lot. I believe there are 4 waterfalls, total, ending with Raven Cliff, which is the first picture in the link you posted. To get to the end of the trail, it is approximately 2.5 miles- the hike is fairly easy, but those carrying their 20x24 field camera might want to bring a long a couple of sherpas to help out!

Those not wishing to walk the full trail will still encounter some of the other scenic falls earlier in the walk. The trail has become pretty popular over the last ten years or so, but probably not so much so as to cause any inconvenience for photographers.

A couple of other "tourist" falls are close by, for anyone maybe wanting to make a two day outing- Dukes Creek Falls is within a mile or so of the trail head. It has a partially developed path to a platform looking down on the falls,

http://georgiatrails.com/trails/dukescr.html

or, you can hike down a trail and get to a nice board walk at the base of the falls.

http://www.greatgeorgiaproperties.co...upper-deck.jpg

Of course, Anna Ruby Falls is close by. This is a paved 1/2 mile walk, up to a beautiful twin waterfall. Very touristy, but pretty view:

http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/rec/fow/20040804-fow.shtml

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin