Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,885   Online: 906

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Other places to go shoot.

I've recently come on to a link to a site with directions and maps to some very interesting places to shoot. This site is dedicated to rockclimbing, and the areas they go have some very spectacular vertical landscape. Some are inside metropolitan areas so they are good for getting out at the spur of the moment to just play around. You may even find some willing models hanging off a wall.

http://drtopo.com/
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We just got back from a jaunt to Zahnd. Nice little spot, had it all to ourselves. I shot 12 4x5 frames, should have something to post next week sometime. The directions there weren't the best, I simplified it by using hwy 140 and bypassing the Rome area, rejoining the directions route a few miles north on hwy 27.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    We just got back from a jaunt to Zahnd. Nice little spot, had it all to ourselves. I shot 12 4x5 frames, should have something to post next week sometime. The directions there weren't the best, I simplified it by using hwy 140 and bypassing the Rome area, rejoining the directions route a few miles north on hwy 27.
    Where are what is Zhand? Googling shows some place in Ontario.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check the first post, when you get to the site click on topos, then click on the Georgia map . You will see three sites to click on, Zahnd is one of them. You've probably been to the other two at some point. It will have a pdf you can download for maps and directions. It's the same type of structures as Rocktown, only within earshot of the road and not as big in area.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting. Gary, have you been to Boat Rock off of Fulton Ind. Blvd?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH
    Interesting. Gary, have you been to Boat Rock off of Fulton Ind. Blvd?
    A few times before the rock climbers bought it. Interesting place but the rocks just aren't very big.
    Gary Beasley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin